Having TT on Thursday....pain pum*****t?

BeatlesFreak
on 6/15/09 12:27 pm, edited 6/17/09 10:49 am - Mesquite, TX
I'm excited and nervous about my TT on Thursday!  I've only had this stretched-out skin for 17 years now!  Anyway, I opted out of the pain pump, as I was trying to get the price of the entire procedure down.  The surgeon says I can change my mind at the time of surgery if I want, so I'm wondering.....do I really need it?  Or will the pain meds after surgery suffice?  What was your experience with or without the pain pump?

~ Ronna

HKD1970
on 6/15/09 1:12 pm - Santa Rosa, CA

Evvvvvvvvveryone is different... right?

I did NOT need a pain pump and I had a TT/BL two weeks ago.
I took about 3 percoset  (over two days) after surgery then went to tylenol, which I took every four hours whether I felt i needed it or not.  Did that for about another 3 days then didn't take anything and haven't since.

How were you post wls?

BeatlesFreak
on 6/15/09 9:20 pm - Mesquite, TX
I hardly had any real pain after my Lap-Band...never took my pain meds; the biggest pain was the trapped gas traveling thru my body.  My vaginal hysterectomy last year was pretty painful, at least for the first week....took ALL my pain meds.  But neither of those surgeries involved being cut, so this will be my first experience with such an invasive procedure.  The surgeon told me during pre-op that he really didn't feel like most people would need the pump, as the vicodin should be enough.  Figured I'd save my $250.
~ Ronna

MelissaF
on 6/15/09 1:14 pm - Northwood, IA
I had a lower body lift and had nothing IV for pain, my doc is very conservative.  I did hurt, i will not lie.  I got some IV valium finally and it made the different from me not getting out of bed to getting up on my own.  I am not sure i would want the pain pump b/c if you need something it sounds like he would give you something IV push if you needed since he is already ok with the pump.  Up to you tho really.  I was on a VERY VERY tiny dose of oral morphine.  It really didn't do anything for me.... I give seniors I work with twice the amt I got in the hospital.. crazy huh?

Good luck, I am sure all will go smoothly.. you will be so happy once this is over!! Exciting!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

bamagirlee
on 6/15/09 2:08 pm - Phenix City, AL
I'm five days out and didnt have a pain pump. I had morphine via IV and then percoset at home. I am only taking those at night though and took 1/2 one tonigh and can't get to sleep. I'm just not at tired I think. AND I can't sleep on my back UGHHHHHHHH
The pain itself has not been nearly as aggrevating as these darn draines.  
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Jessica H.
on 6/15/09 2:37 pm - Johnson City, TN
I didn't have a pain pump.  I got shots of delotid through my IV.  I was able to have that every 2 to 3 hours.  I had no pain.  However, everyone's experiences are different.  You probably won't know until you actually have surgery.  

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

MelissaF
on 6/16/09 9:00 am - Northwood, IA
Don't hate me.... its Dilaudid
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Jupiter6
on 6/16/09 1:16 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I *heart* Dilaudid!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Karen B.
on 6/15/09 3:14 pm - Chino, CA
Okay, after reading everyone's posts, I can honestly say that I am a big sissy la-la.  I had a pain pump for my TT with MR and Bottom lift with implants.  It was good for 5 days and I used it.  It made getting out of bed and walking easier and then resting afterward easier.  But as someone said, everyone is different.  You may get away with just taking Dilaudid, Percoset or Darvocet or Vicodin or even Tylenol.  I wish you good luck and happy healing my dear!!!
Huggs,
Karen B.
245/142

"Life is Journey, Ride in Style!"

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/15/09 8:49 pm
I had an anchor cut TT and BL on May 27th - I WISH like a mudda*****a I had a pain pump!!!  I would have pawned my damn big screen if needed to get one!  My surgeon doesn't do that tho....... bastid!  LMAOOOO

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Most Active