odd sensations

Jessica H.
on 6/15/09 7:15 am - Johnson City, TN
Anybody else feel any odd sensations in their belly after TT?  I can't explain what I'm feeling...but right around my belly button just feels so weird on the inside.  Of course I'm still numb - that could be it.  Anyway, nothing painful - just odd. 

I have updated pics on my profile - today I am 1 week out and their is already a difference since Friday!

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

Honeyblonde
on 6/15/09 7:20 am - MN
Wooh-hooooo!  Look at that FLAT tummy!  Beautiful!!

I'm 6 months out from LBL and still have odd sensations!  The strangest is when it itches, but I scratch it and can't feel my self scratching it.   I think it's the nerves healing inside.

My belly button felt numb - like my mouth with novacaine!

Odd sensations - perfectly natural and to be exptected!!

~ BJ
islander
on 6/15/09 8:27 am - Middletown, RI
Definitely!  I called them the itchy-burnies.  Couldn't decide which hurt worse- the awful itching or what felt like a burning sensation.  Would drive me crazy; esp. at bedtime.  Hello, painkiller.  Massaging with lotion also helped.
It's the nerves regenerating.  Rarely feel it now, they just gradually face away.

Jessica H.
on 6/15/09 8:37 am - Johnson City, TN
Oh yes, that's it!  I feel like my belly has been shot up with novacaine!  It also tickles or itches on the inside...I guess that's the nerves healing?  Oh, and if I'm gassy, makes it even worse.  I also have more incisional pain this week - I'm guessing that's because I'm starting to feel things...sorta?  Lol.  Thanks for the flat belly compliment - I have never felt more confident in my life - and I'm only week out.  I'm sure it will only get better.  The RNY and TT were by far the best things I ever did for myself and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat =D

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

MSHAMO
on 6/15/09 1:04 pm, edited 6/15/09 1:06 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I said it felt like scratchy fabric rubbing on the inside of my belly, not really hurting, just scratchy. It will go away after a while. I also had a feeling of almost light muscle spasms at times. Again, it really didn't hurt, just felt weird!! You're pictures look great, my drains were down on my mons. Are those staples that you have, looks painful!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
HKD1970
on 6/15/09 1:16 pm - Santa Rosa, CA

Wow, you look reallllllllllllllllly good!!!!

I get those feelings too.
Yesterday was crazy!!

Cindy F.
on 6/17/09 2:50 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
You look so GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You have come along way baby.  Wow Wow.  Your tummy is FLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!  So exciting isn't it.  I am going to have my surgery Oct. 5.  Can't wait for the LBL and breast lift and lipo

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Most Active