The ugly truth about lipo

Danielle H.
on 6/15/09 1:23 am - Atlanta, GA
Is that its so worth it, but so painful - at least to me, and the brusing ewe....pics from lower belly and thighs below - this was just day one, much worse now on the thighs and belly is showing black and blue discoloration now too, but in various spots (like under rib cage on sides).

Will post some at a week out and then every few weeks, I don't see dr again for 2 weeks.

Bruises at Day 1 - much worse now and wider Yucky deflated thighs...now filled with swelling - this was day 1.
Belly - swollen and full of fluids day 1 - bruised under ribs and lower belly starting bruising.

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Brandi7920
on 6/15/09 1:33 am - Nashville, TN
Ye-ouch! Lipo does hurt. Like tender to the touch and with deep bruising. The bruises do fade somewhat quickly (without assistance). I'm 11 days out and the bruising on my right thigh are gone and the bruising on my left have faded significantly with just  afew patches left. Bruises on both legs were deeeep purple and about the size of a saucer plate.

I feel for you dear, but it'll get better soon. /hugs
RNY 02/16/04
LBL, MTL, Lipo 06/04/09
351lb to 170lb
Cindy F.
on 6/15/09 4:09 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Wow did not realize that there was so much bruising and pain with lipo.  I will have to be prepared. 

You look great.  And hope the pain and brusising go away fast.  How long does it usually take?

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Danielle H.
on 6/15/09 9:39 am - Atlanta, GA
PS told me 2 weeks and no way to safely speed it up.  Its not even in the area he lipoed, its behind the thigh...it was much worse, look at my back photos from October last year, that was worse that this.

Its like a really hard workout brusiing, not terrible but tiring at times.

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Nicole P.
on 6/15/09 5:23 am - NH
I think the lipo was the more painful part of my surgeries.  I have a lot of bruising still at 10 days out and lack of sensation still in my thigh area but its coming back slowly. 

Did you have drains?

glad you are feeling good!!

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

Danielle H.
on 6/15/09 9:40 am - Atlanta, GA
No drains for lipo, only for the LBL.  I know about sensation, my stomach was just starting to come back...no we're just in pain or numb again there.  Oh well!

Kristi J.
on 6/15/09 5:39 am
I'm out 3 weeks, no bruising left on my arms, but YEOUCH...they are still very painful..especially if someone accidently bangs against them.  My outer thighs and knees don't hurt--just the arms.

hang in there!!  It'll get better!!
Most Active