One Week out from LBL

thirdact
on 6/14/09 12:37 am
I am just one week out from my LBL.  I feel great.  I have been on my own the last several days and am doing just fine.  My biggest issue has been a terrible bout of constipation but otherwise things are great.  I am just bumming right now . . . I am freaked by my new shape ****ep reminding myself that I am swollen but I think I am panicking a bit) . . . I feel like my scar is higher than we discussed which is disappointing . . . And yet I am doing so well, feel great and think I should be nothing but grateful.  Could you let me know when the swelling starts to go down (I'll be in the compression garmet for weeks anyhow) . . . and whether your scar dropped a bit due to gravity?  Should I just be celebrating that I am doing so well and knock this worry off? 
islander
on 6/14/09 3:12 am - Middletown, RI
It takes a period of adjustment to get used to how you now look.  It's pretty dramatic, isn't it?  There are definitely some psychological adjustments to be made.  Swelling is still an issue for me at 4 mos. out, but it does get better over time.  At one week out you are likely very swollen.   

I had extended tt & really paid little attention to my scar's location.  Sounds like it will lower as the swelling goes down, though.

You're just out of major surgery, so your spirits may well be low.  Allow yourself some recovery time.  I didn't even start to feel human again until around 6 wks. 

You sound like you're doing great, though.  Be kind to yourself & try and keep those spirits up.  At one point when my swelling was down a little, I went out & had my toenails done.  I know it sounds trite, but it always lifts my spirits to gaze downward & see a bright explosion of color laughing at me! 

So definitely "knock this worry off."  I'm sure that you will be delighted in a few weeks when you've healed a bit more.  I also had a br & at one point when I was complaining my husband saw me as I was drying off from showering & remarked, "No wonder you don't feel that great- they cut you from stem to stern!"

thirdact
on 6/14/09 9:15 am
I think getting a pedicure is a terrific idea.  I feel the same way about seeing that splash of color smile up at me.  I'll do that tomorrow.  And, thanks for the reminder on it being major surgery and watching my spirits.  I appreciate the level set.  Onward to bright toes tomorrow!  Thanks.  Kellyy
(deactivated member)
on 6/14/09 4:02 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congratulations on your LBL!
So glad you are feeling well..........I'm finding comfort in your experience because I'm going for my LBL in about 6-8 weeks.

Take stool softeners.......Smooth Move tea is supposed to help but I haven't tried it yet.

Sorry I can't offer help on the swelling stuff as I have not had my Lower Body work yet.....

Take care and enjoy your new body.
Ruth

thirdact
on 6/14/09 9:18 am
Thanks for the connection.  I have been eating stool softeners like jelly beans!  Generally speaking, I think I am going to be happy.  I will tell you right now that I am thrilled at how well i have felt how quickly.  I am quite tired today but I was able to do e-mail for work catch up pretty much any day within 24 hours post surgery and I'm having to force myself to sit still because I'd really like to do just 20 minutes on a treadmill today to keep my exercise momentum!  I never thought I would feel this good so soon.  Good luck to you!  Kelly
(deactivated member)
on 6/14/09 9:43 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
jeez-a-lou.......1 week out from LBL and you did 20 mins on the treadmill.  WOW, I'm a limp!  You are giving me something to strive for....

Keep us posted on your progress.
Ruth
thirdact
on 6/14/09 11:13 am
 My doctor would KILL me!!  I feel like I could do 20 minutes on a treadmill -- and I'm dying too, but no, I didn't do it.  Too much risk.  But it feels good to feel so energetic so soon!
MyQnA
on 6/14/09 11:45 am
Just wanted to say get some rest it helps put things into perspective.  I was told give it two months on the swelling.  I notice when I workout I swell up like a Christmas Ham.  Just please remember rest and water it helps with the swelling and the constipation.

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Melissa M.
on 6/14/09 2:43 pm - Seabrook, TX
I'm amazed how well you are doing so soon after surgery.  I think that's great!  Just be sure you don't overdo it since you are feeling so well.  I hope I'm as lucky!
MSHAMO
on 6/14/09 7:24 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Well, for right now, no use worrying. It is what it is, for now!! My worst problem, also, was constipation, thought I would rip out my stitches, TMI!!  Sounds like you are doing great. Good luck!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Most Active