Did you or did you not?

tonjasm
on 6/12/09 11:44 am - Edmond, OK
I am not keeping my belly button when I have my tummy tuck and I am curious who did and who didn't or who will or who won't.  I'm just one of those crazy funky gals who've decided it would be great to not have one and plus...it's one less thing to heal.  I hope to eventually get an awesome tattoo in it's place.

So...did you or did you not?
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

Shirley H.
on 6/12/09 12:47 pm - Bradenton, FL
Well not by much of choice but I do not have a belly button u can see I don't on my pictures ...
I was mad at first because I thought how weird I would look!  My hernia was far worse than we thought it had eaten all my tissue under my belly button! But I am 15 days out and so far I am not missing anything and u r so right something less to heal! I don't know if I will ever tatoo anything there in it's place or not but right now I am happy and glad I am a little different!
Shirley
(deactivated member)
on 6/13/09 8:35 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Shirley,
I'm in FL too......which surgeon did you go to?
Thanks!
Ruth
Ansampson
on 6/12/09 8:53 pm
My surgeon didn't even offer me that option. He just created one for me a "innie". However, based on information I received here I was in the process of thinking about this. No one would ever know except me and God because no one would see that area. Best wishes with whatever you decide.
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/09 9:32 pm
MSHAMO
on 6/13/09 1:49 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
My PS was unable to save my belly button due to a baseball size umbilical hernia. He said that he could always make a wound to heal as a scar to resemble one, but so far, I don't miss it AT all!! I'm too old to be showing my belly anyway!!  LOL!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
MelissaF
on 6/13/09 5:36 am - Northwood, IA
My surgeon is a fanatic about making a good belly button postop, so I have one.  I can see why it can be easy to let it go though.. its a belly button.. get a tat like you are talking about, i think that is an awesome idea!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Cindy C.
on 6/15/09 5:04 am
Surgeon told me he would give me a new one.  I did prefer to have one.  Wuld I have been upset if he couldn't have?  Yes, I think I would have.  Would it have been the end of the world? No.

It's purely a personal preference.  Go for whatever makes YOU happy.  I can tell that's the kind of girl you are!  Don't let society change you.

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

Most Active