Open Wound Question

akers123
on 6/12/09 9:46 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
Its been a while since I have posted.  Just an update.  I had a LBL Feb 25th.  Got some necrosis on my back.  After 5 weeks, the doc was able to remove and then sew me back up. (We thought this was a great thing.  Everything looked like it was healing nice until I started getting some fluid leaking out about.  May 14th he had to open me up to let the spots heal so I ended up with an open wound after all.  :(

Things were going ok, everything was numb and didn't feel anything while he cut it open and even as we were packing it and all.  Well I am so lucky and such an OVER ACHIEVER 3 weeks later, I got another pocket of fluid that was about 3 inches away from the wound.  Yep you guessed it, he had to open it all up.  So now I have about a 4 1/2 inch open wound on my back.

My question is this....The first one didn't hurt and stayed numb.  The new portion of the wound HURTS LIKE HE**.  I scream and cry when my husband has to change the dressing.  Its really bad.  I am back to having to take pain pills.

Has anyone else had this so far into the healing processes?  How long should I expect the pain to last, I sure hope NOT until its healed since it will take months.

Well enough of my pouting the meds are starting to make me sleepy!!
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

Ansampson
on 6/12/09 8:57 pm
Sending positive vibes your way and praying that you feel better soon.
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/09 9:40 pm
MSHAMO
on 6/13/09 2:18 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Best of luck to you!! I can't even imagine going through that. Your new wound probably started after your nerve endings began to "feel" again. I had my PS on Feb. 25th also, so your story was particularly touching for me. HUGS!!!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
dreamseeker
on 6/13/09 4:52 am
oh my goodness I am so sorry to hear you are going through this.  I guess thats just part of the incision or area where the feeling has come back.  I don't have any suggestions.  My open wound is my belly button and for the most part has no feeling still.  thank god from the sounds of it.

HUGS

Marnie 

Most Active