Has anyone in the Los Angeles Area used my doc?

wendybear1
on 6/12/09 4:47 pm - Brooklyn, NY
I'm seeing Dr. Al Khalil tomorrow for my preop appointment. I have been impressed with the service his office has offered, and the price seems to be unbeatable.

www.californiasurgicalinstitute.com/doc-al.html

He is certified with the plastic surgeons board. He seems to really understand my issues, too.

I hope I'm going the right direction, here.

Ansampson
on 6/12/09 8:45 pm
Trust your gut and do some research and you will be find. I talked with patients of my surgeon and saw his work and not just photos. You will be fine. Good luck to you.
wendybear1
on 6/13/09 1:12 am - Brooklyn, NY
Thanks. I am trusting my gut, and he's the guy. I hope my gut isn't wrong.

sablouwho
on 6/13/09 2:17 am, edited 6/13/09 2:18 am - La La Land, CA
I highly suggest that you meet with more than one surgeon. Even if your gut tells you that you have found your PS, I highly recommend meeting with at least 3 PS's.

I thought that I loved the first PS I met with--that is, till I met the second one, who was a much better fit for me than the first one. Then I met the 3rd PS, and I thought that he was the one for me. Even then, I still met with 4 other PS's just to make sure.

Basically, if you only meet w/one person, you don't have any basis for comparison. Due diligence is a very impotant part of the process. There are PS's out there who don't charge for consults, so you can definitely meet with some. I only had to pay 1 doc I saw for the consult, the rest were free.

ETA: I am in Los Angeles so if you are interested in the docs whom I consulted with, I can let you know that info if you like.

~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

wendybear1
on 6/13/09 5:28 am - Brooklyn, NY
Living in the greater Los Angeles Area, there are a LOT of plastic surgeons. I think I had 10 different docs that I consulted with. I contacted and spoke with 30ish.

After meeting him again this morning, I'm confident that I made the right decision.

sablouwho
on 6/13/09 2:19 am - La La Land, CA
Sorry, I may have misread your message--I see you said it's your pre-op appointment. For some reason I thought it was just a consult. So my message may not actually apply to your situation at all--sorry!
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

Most Active