xpost: Here are some before and after pics

MelissaF
on 6/12/09 3:35 pm - Northwood, IA
Girl you look GREAT just the way you are and u are gonna have some weight come off with that LBL! So just stop that u hear me!!  ;o) Listen to mother Melissa :P  Just kidding but u do look wonderful and I mean that!!

Thanks for your heartfelt statement as well Ruth, it means so much to me.  All of you girls have just been sooo amazingly wonderful to me on this board.  It makes me tear up just thinking about how much all of you have helped me.  I hope I can help all of you as well in some way.. thank u again!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/09 12:27 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks Melissa....
Gotta tell you I'm struggling to lose this last 3 lbs and again nothing this week so I'm a bit disappointed....not depressed, more angry at myself.  I don't understand why it won't come off.  I guess the bottom line is I have to increase my work outs..  Not sure if it's just cardio I need to increase or if I need to up my weight lifting work outs too.  Some times I just want to bang my head on the wall when I hit a plateau.  Anyhow, I can't beat myself up too much over it.  At least I'm not gaining fat!  (I believe that last weeks 3 lb gain was water weight because I just stopped taking all blood pressure pills and I immediately felt it in my legs and fingers and saw it on the scale within 2 or 3 days).  

I also have to remember I'm not in my 20's or 30's (or 40's!) anymore so wanting to get down to 135 is really not a good idea.  I need to stick with my realistic goal).

Anyhoo.... THANKS for the compliment, I needed it this morning!!!

Have a fabulous day!
Ruth
MelissaF
on 6/13/09 4:02 am - Northwood, IA
I wouldn't stress it.  Today I weigh 137, yesterday 133... we have fluid shifts all the time.  I hate seeing that much gain but any time I eat more salt and carbs.. UP the scale goes.  You may not be eating enough with all your exercise you do.  I eat way more than you do (i remember you saying 1200 calories) I haven't been that low in a year.  So make sure u are eating enough too!  You will need food and nutrients to heal properly after that LBL for sure and your metabolic rate will go up to meet the demand for healing.  I was so worried I would gain weight after my LBL and it wasn't so... prob loss some muscle in the process but I gain that back.. hang in there Ruth!  What did you decide then with your arms/LBL stuff?
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

dec721
on 6/12/09 10:56 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Man, Melissa, I bet people who haven't seen you in a couple of years don't have a clue who you are!  I would never ever believe, looking at you now, that you had ever been overweight.  You look fantastic and have done an amazing job on your journey toward health.  Congratulations :-)
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

MelissaF
on 6/12/09 3:36 pm - Northwood, IA
Dorothy, you guessed right, nobody recognizes me at all.  Today I was asked to be in an obesity sensitivity video at the hospital where I work for that exact reason.  They are having a picture of me preop and asking ppl what they think when they see that person at 328 lbs.. then the new me..  it is quite incredible and I was absolutely flattered.  I run the support group there so it just such an honor!

Thanks for your compliments Dorothy! It really means the world to me!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

PamT
on 6/12/09 11:01 am - Downey, CA

Wowwwwww Melissa,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just wow.............

You must be so very proud of yourself!

LOTS of hard work and wonderful results! 

PamT

MelissaF
on 6/12/09 3:38 pm - Northwood, IA
Thanks Pam!!

I am definently my own worst critict.. I don't realize how far I have really come until I see a picture like that and it is like "wow, that is really me?" My head just doesn't comprehend it yet... not sure it ever will.

I have ran many miles and yes put in lots of work, while not perfect, I try to do my best.

Thanks for your kind compliments Pam, really... thank you.
Hugs, Melissa 

wendybear1
on 6/12/09 11:05 am - Brooklyn, NY
You were beautiful before, but now you're healthy and beautiful!

You look GREAT!

I love that blouse.

MelissaF
on 6/12/09 3:38 pm - Northwood, IA
Thanks Wendy!!!  I love that blouse too.. its just fun :-)

Hugs, Melissa 

sc62
on 6/12/09 11:12 am - NJ

Melissa,

All I can say is  WOW! Congratulations

Sandy

Most Active