6.5 weeks out update with new photos on profile

MelissaF
on 6/12/09 8:28 am - Northwood, IA
Hello!  So it has been a bit over 6 weeks since my LBL on 4/28.

I am doing great!  Pain is gone.  I was cleared for the gym on Monday and even ran some and did well although it doesn't feel that comfortable to run just yet.  I am still wearing my garment for 3 months like I was told to and will continue to wear the silicone strips till 3 mos as well.

Swelling is going down, he seems to think I still have a tad left.  He says if the incisions above my pubis stays hard from scar tissue below after massaging etc.. at one year out he will revise for free I would just pay the OR and anesthesia fees.  I don't think it is necessary and I agree with him that it will probably soften up with massage and go down further.  I do wish my mons area was a bit more lifted but it was pretty severely padded with fat and there was a lot of left over skin.  So what is there now is actually a big improvement.  I would suspect I would have to have an actual incision down there to alter futher.. NO THANK YOU.  LOL!  The hairline is way higher than before so I know he lifted it a lot as it even goes above my incision.

Tape burn scars I have been using vitamin E oil, massaging and using mederma.  They are fading but still look bad to me.  I just hope they fade in time more.  My incisions I am very happy with the way they have healed.  I can't wait to see them turn more white in time.

So anyways, I go back to work this weekend, I feel ready.  

I posted new pics on my profile including one from today.  I was asked to be part of an obesity sensitivity training video for my hospital I work at.  I was orginally hired as the bariatric coordinator of my hospital but later turned it down b/c of the demands and wanting to start a family.  I maintain a friendship with the new bari coordinator and she asked me to do the video today.. before and after pics of myself.  It was a great opportunity for me today and I enjoyed being a part of it.  I tried to find a classy yet fun outfit to wear.. I have a pic of what I chose :-)

Thanks for listening and always being there! 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Melissa M.
on 6/12/09 8:40 am - Seabrook, TX
That's great Melissa!  You have done so well in your recovery.  I hope I'm as lucky as you, really.  I'm getting more and more nervous by the hour here.  Trying to tie up loose ends at work and jotting stuff down as I think of them on my little pad that I carry with me everywhere!  Dr L wants me to take some protein bullets with me to the hospital so I'm gonna pick some of those up too.  I have plenty of protein shake mix but the bullets will be easier to take with me to the hospital.  I hate those things!

Good luck at work tomorrow.  Keep keeping us updated.  I love seeing  your  progress.

Melissa
MelissaF
on 6/12/09 9:15 am - Northwood, IA
Thanks Melissa!!  Did anyone ever tell you what a rockstar of a name you have?

I am glad Dr. L is involved in doing your surgery - you know u are in good hands girlie!!! 

You are going to do JUST FINE! :)  I took regular protein drinks with me.  They had a blender and had them add my soy milk (i brought boxed from shelf) and they added ice and whizzed them up.. they were the only thing I wanted postop. Tasted GOOD actually nice and cold.  

Thanks for the well wishes on going back to work.  When is your big day again?
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Melissa M.
on 6/12/09 2:12 pm - Seabrook, TX
I never would have thought of having them make my protein shakes for me.  Not a bad idea!

My date is next Tuesday, June 16th.
MelissaF
on 6/12/09 2:58 pm - Northwood, IA
Wow will be here before you know it.. YAY!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

akers123
on 6/12/09 9:11 am - Charlotte Hall, MD

Congrats.  I would love to see pics, can you add me as a friend.

Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

MelissaF
on 6/12/09 9:12 am - Northwood, IA
Thanks, yep I will add you now.
Hugs, Melissa 

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/09 9:59 pm
MelissaF
on 6/13/09 3:57 am - Northwood, IA
Thanks Jodi!!!  How are you doing?!?!?  Yes, ornery!!!  I think I was saying "hurry up and take the pic already!!" to my husband... RAWR. Right? Wow.. I need to check myself HAHA.  

So yes please tell me how u are doing!!! I want to know it all!!!!!

I am getting ready to go back to work for the first time.. I feel ready!
Hugs, Melissa 

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/09 9:27 pm
Most Active