Has anyone had their knees liposuctioned?

kpipala
on 6/10/09 2:24 am
I recently went to my plastic surgeon for a consult on having a LBL (I'm post-op Bracioplasty and BL/BA 15 months).  I have "saggy knees", and my plastic surgeon is suggesting he do some liposuction around the problem area while doing the LBL.    This is the area of my legs that I am most self-conscience about and he doesn't feel as though I will be happy with just the LBL to correct the knee issue, but lipo will help.  Has anyone had this done?
Thanks for your help.
Karen
Sandra B.
on 6/10/09 4:13 am - Savannah, GA
I had lipo to my knees and thighs  but I also had a vertical thighplasty afterwards.  My lbl was first with a lot of lipo to those areas.  A year later had the thighs done.  I noticed a huge difference and although they still are the same yucky knees I don't like, they look much better.  However - if you don't have an excission of that skin on your knees the lipo will only make it saggier.  Unless your skin is very elastic and in good shape - which ours usually isn't - then it won't be the total answer.
Pam W.
on 6/11/09 11:39 am - St Charles, IL
I agree.  I had a concentric medial thigh lift and lipo of the knee.  The extra skin is still at the knee area. But, overall, my thighs look quite a bit better.  I have a full brachioplasty scar but didn't want the full inner thigh incision. 

kpipala
on 6/12/09 7:21 am
Same here!  I feel as though my scar on the arms are pretty intense, and I didn't want that full scar on my thighs too.  I can live with the arm scars because I feel like it was a trade-off for the massive skin I had prior to surgery.  I tried the silicone strips for 6 months on the arm scars, but it really didn't do much to lessen the reddness.  I'm more then a year post-op and I figured they won't look great for another year.  I did go for one laser session, but I felt like it was a waste of money.  I guess time will tell.  Thanks so much for the response, Pam. 
Most Active