Binder question

trudie74
on 6/10/09 12:26 am - Round Rock, TX
Sorry if this has been asked...when picking a size for my binder (the kind that goes from under breasts to top of knees with suspenders and hook/eye/zipper on each side) I size as a small in the thigh, medium in the hips but an XL in the waist.  They suggested getting a large but when I got it it seems VERY hard to hook and eye, and is very tight around the mid section.  My surgeon said to order for my current size, so I hate to use the large hoping it is looser after surgery.

What size would you guys go with and how tight should it be?

Also, when you move to the store kind of support garmet and out of the serious medical supply kind, which ones would you recommend?  I am having a TT, BA, and thigh lift.

MelissaF
on 6/10/09 2:23 am, edited 6/10/09 1:28 pm - Northwood, IA
I have the exact binder u speak of.. .exactly.  I wear size 4 pants and I got a large.

edited to add: I was shocked by the large, b/c I *never* wear a large anything anymore.  However if I had gotten a medium in this garment, I woulda been hating it later... there were times I needed it looser when I was very swollen postop.  I went in weighing 144, they took off 7 and came home higher than what I went in with... so u can imagine how much fluid goes in your belly... its insane.

Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Melissa M.
on 6/10/09 12:54 pm - Seabrook, TX
I just got fitted for my compression garments today at my preop appointment.  I currently wear a size 10 pants and got a XL.  I tried on both the L and XL.  The L wouldn't zip up unless I had a team of 10 to help and I didn't want to breath!  The XL was much easier to get into and I actually thought it would be to big once my panni is gone but she said it was fine so that it would allow for swelling.  Also, the dr told me that if it was too tight or not tight enough  they would give me another size when I go in for my post op visit on Friday after the surgery on Tuesday.
trudie74
on 6/10/09 11:23 pm - Round Rock, TX
k...thanks guys

Most Active