3 weeks post op today and 9 pounds lighter!!!

Redstrawberri B
on 6/10/09 9:31 pm, edited 6/10/09 9:58 pm - Dallas, TX
Hey Guys what's up with being nine pds lighter than when I went in surgery???? My doctor says he only took off 5lbs of skin from the panni and mid area. When  I weighed the morning of surgery I weighed in at 150 and this morning I weighed in at 141.
OMG I needed this good news this morning!!! Just found out my short term disability will not be paying me for my time off.  I go back to work on Tuesday of next week. It will be rough on me for a min with my bills being set back for a min. Thank God I had my rent money put back!!

Anyway I'm loving the new me daily!!!!!!

Will post pictures soon!!!!

Red
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/10/09 9:37 pm
Ummm - you ain't know your body would reorganize itself and things would come down afterward - it's not just what he cut off!  LOL  I lost 15 after my plastics last year. 

And BOO to your STD - bet it's because they see it as cosmetic.  Did your insurance cover any of it?  If so, you should be able to fight them about it. 

Anyway - continue to TAKE IT EASY!!!!  don't overdo it and mess up and set yourself back - I am having the hardest time following my OWN damn advice!!! 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Redstrawberri B
on 6/10/09 10:09 pm - Dallas, TX
Thanks Trina!!!

I hope all is well with you and yes follow your own advice!!!!
Ansampson
on 6/10/09 9:44 pm
I'm so happy for you and excited that you are pleased with the results. If you insurance covered anything then I agree fight. It's worth the time of an appeal. I understand how you feel about being set back. My money is funny and my change is strange. I want to recover as well but I'm spending more money in the recovery process than I expected. But in the end it will be worth it (I hope). Good luck to you.
MelissaF
on 6/10/09 11:44 pm - Northwood, IA
Why won't they pay for it ???? Did you have medical necessity for your panni from isurance company? Did you send them a copy of that letter? Have your doctor dictate a letter that this is RECONSTRUCTIVE not plastic or cosemetic!!! I did this and I won but I had to fight it as cosmetic procedures were excluded.  I am telling u.. I WON.. YOU CAN too.. who is your short term disability company through?

As for the weight loss... we lose alpha and beta fat from our abdomens... my doc explained this to me and forget which one being removed will cause an instant surge in weight loss b/c the lack of those fat cells waiting to plump up like u had before is no longer there.

There really is a two-fold reason why we have this surgery - yes to gain confidence and feel better.. but more than anything to remove those old fat cells just waiting for us to become obese again.  It is fabulous!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

DEBI R.
on 6/11/09 6:06 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Hi Red,

Congratulations on the weight loss that's awesome.  I'm sorry you're not getting short term disability maybe you can appeal?

I've lost weight since my surgery too, I weighed 169 the day of surgery and weighed 154 last night when I weighed.  The strange thing was he said he took 15 lbs of skin off but I didn't  see the 15 lbs  gone until 2 months later.  I 'd love to weigh 141 that would make my day. LOL
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Cindy F.
on 6/12/09 7:30 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
that is great about the weight loss. Did not realize many lose weight after.  BUT I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!!!!   That is exciting news.  Can't wait for mine in October.  As far as the short term disability seems like they should cover it.  Have Dr. write a letter that is was necessary medically for some reason. 

So glad your happy with your results.

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/09 10:42 pm
Most Active