Back from biospy that did not happen

Lisa A.
on 6/9/09 1:05 pm, edited 6/9/09 5:08 pm
I was scheduled for a biopsy and doc told me he could not see anything on ultrasound to biopsy and was sent on my merry way and  thinking now what?, He said he was gonna recommend a Mri, I thought I would be releaved but both my sister and aunt's breast cancer was not deteted tell to late. So I will have to wait for the mri to take a sign of relief my breasts are probally cancer free, I wonder how accuarate cancer can be over looked via ultrasound? The radiologist basically said having breast implants of any kind will make finding breast cancer more difficult to find in future, Just  needed to vent
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Lisa
Redhaired
on 6/9/09 11:13 pm - Mouseville, FL
I am so sorry.  I know you were hoping for some definitive answers.  I hope they are able to get you in for the MRI very soon and that you find everything is ok.

Red

Lisa A.
on 6/10/09 12:45 am
Thanks red,,,,  I am more upbeat this am ,,, Just how everything was handled there was so wrong.. I was about to vomit on table,,, they would not let my DH in room after they said they were getting him was a nightmare but I keep thinking bottom line it was good news,,, I was a nervious wreck.. I remember my aunt telling prople she has cancer and no one would believe her.. I felt so bad telling my mom the night mare as my mom lived this with her sister and now daughter who has cancer and both were undeteded after a mamo/ultrasound was neg,, MRI was the only tool that picked it up...my sisters cancer and it was only then that some amazing reason ultra sound machine finally worked? I am not paranoid I am petrified ..
Lisa
BigCityGirl
on 6/10/09 1:22 am - San Diego, CA
Lisa,

Vent away.  The MRI is the definite test so a few more days won't make a difference and then you will have a correct read on what's going on.  About the implants masking breast cancer, there seems to be a divergence of opinion on this.  I trust the majority of radiologists who say that implants present problems for imaging.  As long as patients are aware of the risk and they are willing to accept that risk then fine.  But women shouldn't find out after the fact that there are imaging limitations with implants. 

I'm thinking about you - cheer up, everything will be fine.  Donna
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Lisa A.
on 6/10/09 2:51 pm
I talked to my surgeon who did my breast Augmentation and the fact my sister has the her2 postive he is sending me to oncologist for gene testing  and go from there and a mri is a must he concurs. He said breast augmetation does not hide breast cancer he said in fact some woman can spot breast chages faster with a smooth surface, He said if i come back hers 2 positive he they usually recommend a massectomy with breast reconstruction.Will cross that bridge saga contines
Lisa
Lovelylady69
on 6/11/09 3:11 am, edited 6/11/09 3:11 am - AL
Lisa, I'm so sorry you had a bad experience and are still left to worry.  But hopefully the fact that he "couldn't find anything to biopsy" is good news and the MRI will prove it!!  I continue to pray for you!!

Hugs!!!
Tammy

Lovelylady
start 308/goal 160/ curent 145  @ 5'9"

Most Active