How long after anchor cut abdominoplasty before exercise?

Jupiter6
on 6/10/09 2:56 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I've become something of a gym rat--and am bummed about losing my momentum.

How long can I expect to be:

1) Unable to walk a mile?
2) Unable to lift weights or do abdominal exercise?
3) Unable to do low impact aerobics?

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

MelissaF
on 6/10/09 3:10 am - Northwood, IA
Hey Shari!  Just got your PM also... 

Ok now I didn't have anchor cut, LBL without anchor.

1) I walked one mile at 3 weeks out.
2) I was on a 6 lb weight restriction for 6 weeks, I believe my surgeon does 10lbs for TT.  I can do any exercises now at 6 weeks but I don't need to do abdominal work for a while as my stomach is flat.  However I do like a strong core so as soon as I can I will (me physically and mentally speaking, not yet).
3) I can run now at 6 weeks out, cleared for anything I can tolerate.

Here is my surgeon's protocol postop LBL:

1-2 weeks walking around the house frequently.  Several times an hour.
2-4 weeks walking not to break a sweat building distance as I go along.
4-6 weeks walking to break a sweat. 
after 6 weeks cleared for anything I can tolerate.

I was walking 1 mile by 3 weeks out.

the first week the wind was just out of my sails completely... it was crazy.  My OR time was 7 hours and I know yours will be a long time too so expect fatigue and lethargy instantly unfortunately.  I wasn't hungry until 3 weeks postop so I mainly slept, drank shakes and ate yogurt.

2.5 weeks out, my nerve endings suddenly came to life which put a new fun twist on things, I think u remember that.  It lasted 36 hours for the most part then the numbness was gone so new pain there but very tolerable.  The zingers sucked for me.  Nothing helped them, even lortab.

3 weeks out - started walking a lot more, standing up more straight and edurance came back some.  Still couldn't take long periods of activity but was starting to see some light at the end of the tunned.

4 weeks out - not a lot of improvement from week 3, this got me down.  I was still getting smacked down on the couch from fatigue after an hour or two and it was mentally killing me.

5 weeks out - HOORAY finally starting to feel normal, just some minor aches in abdomen in different places every day it seemed.  I think I was using all my abdominal muscles to get up by now.  Not relying on my arms any longer.

6 weeks out - I am a new woman for real.  No longer being smacked down at all, can withstand everything for the most part.  Running I feel in my hip incisions.  I can finally sit in any chair and not feel pulling on my back so much although it is tight but duh its supposed to be Mel!  

Does this help at all?
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Jupiter6
on 6/10/09 3:40 am, edited 6/10/09 3:41 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Deleted-- posted in wrong place

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Jupiter6
on 6/10/09 3:42 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Thanks, Melissa-- that's perfect.

Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/10/09 3:36 am
As you know I am 2 weeks out from my anchor and BL - I am on rest until 1 month and then only cardio until 2 months when I can go full out in the gym.

I was a gym rat too - all this rest isn't natural at ALL for me!!!!

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Most Active