Spanx Question

mom23reds
on 6/10/09 12:25 am - Bryan, TX
Well, I'm 9 weeks out from panniculectomy and hernia repair with tummy tuck. Now I'm starting to hurt when I go out and about if I don't have support (girdle, support garment, etc.) around my lower abdomen. I asked my surgeon and he said that it sounds like I've just overdone it a bit and to take it a bit easier.

However, I figure others have touted the wonders of Spanx so I checked out Cacique and Catherine's here in town. I bought a slimmer ($72) which I'm going to take back because it just doesn't feel like it fits right. I also bought a pair of the higher power underwear which are more in line with what I was hoping to find -- something I can go to the bathroom without having to pull down every time! But I'm wondering if others have this same problem I am having.

The sides of the "opening" are biting into my crotch painfully as I sit here at work. I've tried to adjust but I swear I've got the wrong size.

I'm 5'1" and 200 lbs with 37" waist and 47" hips. I have size E. They are so tight I can barely get them up on my thighs but the rest is almost too big.

Is anyone else having the same kind of problem? I'd try size F, but that's for folks who weigh 240+ at my height and I figure it wouldn't be support at that point, it would be saggy on the belly where I need the support.

Thanks,
Susan

Redhaired
on 6/10/09 12:39 am - Mouseville, FL
Remember the size chart may not be pertinent since you have swelling to contend with.

Red

mom23reds
on 6/10/09 12:44 am - Bryan, TX
Even with swelling, I should fit into an E with no problem given that I'm on the low end of the size chart. I don't have visible swelling at this point, just soreness/tightness.

http://www.spanx.com/graphics/info/shared/SizeChart_HideSleek.jpg shows the size chart for these Higher Power underwear.

Redhaired
on 6/10/09 12:55 am - Mouseville, FL

It could just be that the cut is wrong for you.

Red

mom23reds
on 6/10/09 1:11 am - Bryan, TX
Could be. That's why I was asking if others have also had this problem.

Susan

MSHAMO
on 6/10/09 6:01 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
That's why I went back to only wearing my binder. I got a Dr. Rey slimmer, but it didn't support me in the right place.
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
mom23reds
on 6/10/09 6:04 am - Bryan, TX
Unfortunately, the binder I got from the doctor doesn't work either. It rides up off my hip/lower abdominal area and binds at the waist. I was so glad to get out of it -- 5 weeks ago. I wear it randomly if I feel I've overdone it but for work it just doesn't work for me since I'm sitting and standing and moving about. The binder then just gets into a wad at my waist and hurts.

MSHAMO
on 6/10/09 9:13 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I know, mine kinda' did that , too, and especially because I'm short bodied and it was too long. I cut 1/3 of the binder off all the way around so now it's shorter. Now it works just fine!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
ng
on 6/10/09 2:58 pm - Southwest, LA
my ps told me to buy a girdle.  i bought one at walmart, it worked just great.  You can try them on and get the right size that way.
DEBI R.
on 6/10/09 5:08 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I wear a panty girdle that I bought at Walmart for $12. I bought several and wear them during the day and at night I still wear my binder when I sleep. I bought the panty girdle that has snaps in the front that you snap up and snaps in the crotch so you don't have to pull it down to use the restroom. I love mine, it goes all the way up to right under my breasts so it helps hide my back fat too. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Most Active