Tanning and PS Scars

Deb P.
on 6/9/09 6:55 am - MN
Well its that time of year.  SUN time!  Acutally I am going to a wedding in August in Spain.  Very hot and sunny.

I would like to start tanning in a booth for the wedding, and to not fry when out there, but I am concerned about tanning and the scars.  I am less concerned with the LBL scars because I can always where my bikini bottems, but I intend on spending some time on the beach in spain topless, and I am worried about my BA scars and what I should do about them when tanning in a tanning booth.

Any thoughts?
Danielle H.
on 6/9/09 7:52 am - Atlanta, GA
My dr suggests covering them all for 1 year, they can darken if exposed to sun.  I have the fluer cut down the tummy and covered it with waterproof tape when I went in my bikini to the beach.  Its not perfect but I definitely want them to fade as much as possible.  I'd say 70 or better sunblock (not sunscreen) cause even through the suit you can burn....talk with your PS, but basically its a decision you have to make.

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Most Active