a few ? for those who have had TT

Nicole P.
on 6/9/09 7:10 am - NH
I know that these have probably been asked a million times before but I am going to ask yet again.

How long does it take for the numbness to ear off in the abdominal area?

This may be a weird one but when will I be able to "suck my stomach in" so to speak....

and the last one...when will i feel straight again...LOL

thank everyone!!

Nicole

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

MelissaF
on 6/9/09 8:42 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Nicole :-)

I had a LBL whi*****luded a TT.  Let me see if I can help you on your ?'s...

1) Numbness - at *exactly* 2.5 weeks out my numbness other than belly button and some on hips was ALIVE.. zingers and zaps sorta... freaked me out.  I was "itchy" a couple days prior, probably the beginning sensation fo everythign waking up.  Luckily the zingers last 36 hours and was over then I felt actually a bit more pain after that.  Everyone is different, mine was weird how it suddenly all woke up at once and I do not think it is typical. I  hear the belly button can be numb forever.. or take a lot longer.  

2) suck in your stomach.  Hmmm I haven't had to b/c its FLAT! LOL.. but i just tried and I can now at 6 weeks.. girl no need to "suck her in" she is gonna be so flat it won't matter!! Great huh????

3) I stood upright at one week but still wasn't comfortable.. no pain standing with shoulders rolled back at 3 weeks. 

Hope this helps!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Nicole P.
on 6/9/09 9:52 pm - NH
I know that I do not need to suck the tummy in but I am so used to doing it!!!  LOL

I am standing a lot straighter now but becasue my tummy is so tight it feel like I am leaning forward.

Thank you for your feedback....it definitley helps!!

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

dec721
on 6/9/09 11:11 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
HA, the numbness on one side has never completely worn off!  (I had my TT six years ago.)  Having had to give myself injections in my abdomen for close to a year a few years ago, I thought it was awesome!

Why suck in?

I never was bent over like so many folks are.  I could stand up straight immediately.

Best wishes!           --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/9/09 1:07 pm - OH
I'm almost 5 months past my TT, and I still have some numbness, but my incision turned necrotic and a bunch of tissue had to be cut out and heal up, so I'm sure I'm not typical.  I was able to "suck in" my stomach byabout 8 weeks out (aklthough as someone else mentioned, there is no need to now!)

I was still walking hunched over (and a bit slowly) when I went back to work after 6 weeks.  It took probably 8 weeks before I was completely straight.  I don;t think THAT had anythign to do with the wound in my belly... my surgeon seems to pride himself on the tightness of the muscle when he's done...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ilyssajane
on 6/9/09 11:48 pm - Forest Hills, NY

Hey Nicole,

Ok, I had my TT just over 2 years ago and honestly I am still fairly numb along my incision lines.   I can feel something if it's a bit extreme (pressure, hot, cold) but not light touches.  My hubby and I would experiment to see if I go feeling back, and it all came back except like I said along the incision line.

Honestly at 2 years out I can suck in my stomach, but I can only feel a difference, tummy is still flat, so it just stays flat, I can just feel myself breathing in!  LOL!

I honestly couldn't stand up straight comfortably for about 4 weeks.  When I went back to work after the fourth week, I sat a bit hunched and was sore at night, but by week 5 I was ok.

Good luck!!!!

Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

NHskinnygirl
on 6/10/09 9:18 am - Nashua, NH
Hey Gooba,

I still have numbness from my TT. Not all the time but it still feels funny when touched.

You won't need to "suck it in" you just had it cut off. When the
swelling goes down...aghhhh  flat stomach awaits....

I think it was at about 4-6 months out that I truely felt like I was standing up straight and not hunched over.

Your not even a week out, relax and stop over doing...oh and keep that new puppy off your lap...Your buddy Laurie
Laurie in NH     Expect the Best !  You will receive the Best....
283/251/150    

Most Active