How long until you know?

ericas623
on 6/9/09 5:22 am - Roseville, MI
I had a meeting today with my surgeon.  We discussed the tummy tuck-had pics taken and everything.  They are supposed to be sending info out today for tummy tuck.  How long until the insurance company approves or denies this?  He said 6 weeks, I think that is a bit long!  I have BCBS Michigan PPO.  Anyone know?  Even if you don't have the same insurance company how long was it until your approval?

Thank you

Erica
lori J.
on 6/9/09 5:38 am - rome, GA
OMG!!!!!! you have the same insurance i do. if you get approval or hear anything from them let me know please. i am just now looking into ps. they paid for my lapband surgery completely. i didnt have to pay a dime, and i was curious about ps and them paying for anything. please let me know when you find out something.

ericas623
on 6/9/09 6:25 am - Roseville, MI
You have BCBS of MIchigan PPO?  If you do, the criteria for getting a tummy tuck is 100 pound weight loss.  One year out from surgery.  That is all that is needed.  If you have any rashes that's a plus.  Make sure you take pics of them and go to the doc for them-even if you think it's not worth going for.  Also, make sure they prescribe you something for it.  I got Nystop-which did not help.  That is what I was told from my Gastric Bypass doc.  I know a lady at my work, who also has the same insurance is getting her thighs done too, and BCBS is paying for it.  She had great documentation of rashes.  It's alot harder to get that approved.  You will definately need pics of rashes for that.  Unfortunately, I have jiggly thighs, but have not had any rashes.  So, I am outta luck there. 

Erica
lori J.
on 6/9/09 9:00 am - rome, GA
yes i work for kelloggs in rome ga. and that is the insurance we carry, the best insurance i have ever had. on my lapband i had already met my out of pocket of 400 and they paid everything. i have only had one dr visit for the rashes. i dont have any pics but the dr did document it. i have lost 120 lbs and i will be 2 years out in oct.

MelissaF
on 6/9/09 8:50 am - Northwood, IA
Every insurance co. is different on their turn arounds. I have heard of some knowing in a week and as long as 6 weeks.  Depends on their size, amount of staff working on these claims etc.  Hopefully you hear something soon, fingers crossed for u!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Jupiter6
on 6/9/09 9:45 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I have a BC BS PPO in Pennsylvania-- took about 4 weeks-- and only the panniculectomy was covered, not the full abdominoplasty.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

D. Love
on 6/9/09 3:43 pm
I have BCBSM of MI traditional. It took three weeks for approval. They did not cover the full anchor tummy tuck only the paniculectomy. I had to pay out of pocket for the vertical incision.

Dee
Most Active