And then God made.....

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/8/09 1:27 am, edited 6/8/09 5:52 am
COMPRESSION GARMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank GOD my last two drains came out this morning and I am now in my compression garments - bra AND abdominal garment - WOW!!!!!  These are the BEST things since sliced bread!!!!!  I feel HUMAN again!!!!!!!

AND WOW!!!!  I'm FLAT AS A MUG!!!!  lol  and really slim on the sides too - that anchor cut has its benefits for SURE!!!!

If you are wondering if compression garments help  YES THEY DO!!!!!  If you are required to wear them by your doc, you MIGHT want to seriously take a look and consider them.  

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

MSHAMO
on 6/8/09 2:55 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Glad to hear that your drains are out and you finally got into your compression garments. The support is so calming. Like I said, I'm still wearing mine 3 1/2 months out. Welcome back to life!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Wendy_Canada
on 6/8/09 5:52 am - Canada
I am going for a anchor TT and breast lift June 29th.  Do i have to go out and buy these compression garments or is it something the doctor puts on you?  Because how would i know what size to buy for after the surgery? 

Wendy

MSHAMO
on 6/8/09 5:55 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Hi Wendy, Usually Dr's send you home with a binder. I have a compression garment also, but I like my binder better!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Wendy_Canada
on 6/8/09 6:03 am - Canada
Thank you for your reply.  I hear some women say they feel like the binder holds them together.  I know that feeling well from previous surgery.  3 weeks to go.....................omg

Wendy

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/8/09 5:56 am
Hey Wendy! 

You can buy your garments before surgery - but if you doc has one that he likes - I would say buy that one - that's what I did.  I figure it's best to go with whatever the doc says since that's what he's used to and wants to work with. 

As for sizing any site you order from will have a size chart - for bras you should measure your bra line and add 6 - I usually wear a 36 and swelled to a 42.  For the abdominal - measure hips for sizing. 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Wendy_Canada
on 6/8/09 6:01 am - Canada
Thanks very much.  I will ask my PS because he seems to do things differently than others eg he doesn not use drains.  He says he does internal stitching ( like tufting on the back of a couch) this prevents big pockets of fluid pressure on the long incission.  He said a few times he has had to go in with a needle to extract but only a few times.  He has been using this technique for over 10 years.  I guess if i believe in him enough to trust for my sugery i should listen to everything he has to say.  He hasn't said anything about garments after surgery yet so either he has them or doesn't deal with them right?  Even with a bra later i don't know what to buy because now i'm wearing an underwire and i don't assume that is what i want after breast lift.

I just did my pre op last thursday and i am getting nervous.

Wendy

Shirley H.
on 6/8/09 3:10 am - Bradenton, FL
ok first of all are you talking about something differnt then what you came home in the strechy binder with velcrow? If it is not please please fill me in on what you are wearing? and why couldn't you use it during having drain tubes?ok thanks and so glad you ae healing ncely!
thanks Shirley
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/8/09 3:16 am
Hey shirley - I actually didn't come home in even a velcro binder - my doc had me wearing nothing.  I now have a compression garment by Veronique - you can find them on makemeheal.com and I couldn't wear them when the drains were in due to infection risks.  So the MINUTE the drains came out the garments went on!  I am so thankful too!!!!

Most Active