Realistic Expectations?

Rachel1219
on 6/8/09 3:21 pm - IL
I'm having a TT with diastasis recti repair and a BL in a few weeks.

I met with the surgeon today who pretty much told me my stomach wouldn't be "flat" as I'm still overweight. 

I'm wondering what type of expectations to have here. 

I'm 5'2" and 180lbs.  I lost 75lbs with the RNY and haven't lost any in almost 9 months. 

My reason for doing plastics now is 100% because of a TERRIBLE diastasis recti.  I had 3 children in 4 years time, plus being overweight....my stomach sticks out.  I look about 5 months pregnant and am constantly asked when I'm due.  I'm 32 years old and done having children and don't want to spend the next 20 years having to answer that question of not being pregnant.

So...my expectations are not necessarily a flat stomach and hot body...but to not look pregnant.  I decided to get a breast lift too because, again, after 3 kids all of whom nursed, and losing the weight.....the boobs are a little saggy.  There's still quite a bit of tissue there.  I figure as long as I'm doing the stomach, I should at least be able to enjoy wearing some of the cute sundresses and strappy tanktops which my current huge bra straps wouldn't allow me to do. 

I may lose more weight someday....but my guess is I wouldn't lose more than 20lbs and if that means a little bit of sagging, I'm okay with that.  

Speaking of losing weight...will I lose weight after all the swelling goes down because of the skin and fat removal?

What size could I expect to be.  Right now I'm in a size 14, I'm hoping for a 12 after surgery but would love 10? 

My breasts are stuffed into a 36/38 D right now.  I think the doctor said I should stay about that, maybe a big C small D.  Does that sound right?

Thanks!

-Rachel
MelissaF
on 6/8/09 3:28 pm - Northwood, IA
Hi Rachel!

I think you expectations sound perfect really.  Everyone's results will vary as they say..  

I had 7 lbs removed from my abdomen and hips (lower body lift) and I am still swollen some but some of my 4's are big and others fit better. I was wearing a 4/6 before but still too early to tell.  The swelling can last from 3 mos all the way up to a year (usually by 6 mos most is gone from what I have heard and read).  

More than anything your shape gets more "womanly" and everything is put where it should be (belly button) etc..  All the sudden your anatomical layout is just different and its like wow... I have a waist now and its not where it was etc... It just feels good to have a sleeker physique and not the bulges that u mentioned.  Even though I wore a size 4/6 I still got asked when my baby was due.  I have preop pics and you can see why.

I think you will be very pleased by your outcome.  Excited for you and I know you will be excited by your results as well! 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Lovelylady69
on 6/8/09 11:33 pm - AL
I agree with Melissa!  It sounds as if you have very realistic expectations, and you should be thrilled with the outcome!  Good luck!! 

Lovelylady
start 308/goal 160/ curent 145  @ 5'9"

Most Active