Mini Arm Lift -- Anyone?

sablouwho
on 6/8/09 12:04 pm - La La Land, CA
Anyone here get the arm-pit only done, and not have the scar that goes towards the elbow?

If so, how did you like it? Are you satisfied with the results?

My arms aren't too droopy,  and I'd like to avoid the scar that goes down towards the elbow.
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

Jupiter6
on 6/8/09 12:33 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Nope-- M A X I  arm lift! ;)

(I gotta post this monstrosity once a day at least.)

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

MelissaF
on 6/8/09 1:00 pm - Northwood, IA
I spit my drink on the computer... this was too funny. Sorry Shari, ya know I mean that in the best of ways.. its so good that we can laugh at eachother! 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

BigCityGirl
on 6/8/09 1:56 pm - San Diego, CA
I wanted the mini arm lift but my surgeon said I would not be happy with it and he was right.  I had the full one and I am very happy with the results.  The scars have faded beautifully.  I recall at least one person who posted recently who had it done.  Sorry I can't remember the name though.  Good luck.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
terryrow61
on 6/9/09 3:16 am - Garden Grove, CA
I don't know anyone who has had the mini arm lift.  However, I will have the complete job done when I finally decide when to do it.  :)
              ObesityHelp Support Group Leader

It sure is good C'ING LESS OF ME!

We could learn a lot from crayons: 
some are sharp, some are pretty, 
some are dull, some have weird names, 
& all are different colors....but they

ALL exist very nicely in the same box.

(Author Unknown)

sablouwho
on 6/9/09 4:07 am - La La Land, CA
Terry, I'm about to send you a PM.
~Cindy  

Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

my_turn1
on 6/9/09 3:48 am - Northern, CA
Hello,

I had the mini arm lift with just the scar in my arm pit.  I did not have very much sagging skin and I did not want the scar going down my arm.  I love the lift.  It also took care of the excess skin I had in my armpit/side breast. 

The scar starts at one end of the armpit and extends past the armpit and onto the upper portion of my back.  THE SCAR IS NOTICABLE.  If you are trying to avoid seeing a scar except in your arm pit, this will not work.  I know that the scar will lighten but it is still quite pink right now.  I am about 5 weeks post op so it still looks fresh.

Hope this information helps,
Lisa
What have you got to LOSE ??
sablouwho
on 6/9/09 4:06 am - La La Land, CA
Would you happen to have any photos of your before/afters Lisa?
~Cindy  

Jessie-F
on 6/9/09 8:22 am
Lisa, This sounds wonderful!! Please post some pics, it would be so beneficial to many. Thanks.
Cindy C.
on 6/9/09 5:55 am
I had a mini arm lift on 4/27.  I have "before" pictures that my daughter took.  I have a close up of the arm/arm pit.  Now, at 6 weeks out, I need to take some "after" pictures. 

The surgery helped, but I'm not as pleased as I'd hoped to be.  I don't mind "the wave" - it was never an issue for me personally.  What I did mind was my skin next to my arm pit looking like crepe paper.  Like I said, the surgery did help.

If you will send me a PM, I'll save it as a reminder to let you know when I post my pictures.

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

Most Active