Everything does happen for a reason

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/09 4:58 pm
Melissa M.
on 6/10/09 12:29 pm - Seabrook, TX
Thanks for the prayers Jodi!  I need as many as I can get.  Today I had my 3rd and last pre-op appointment and it was all so official!  Got all my instructions, my prescriptions and one of my compression garments.  Came home with my little bag and I STILL can't believe it.
hicksgx
on 6/10/09 3:34 am - Hitchcock, TX
Congratulations.  I have always been a reader not poster.  but, when I saw your post I just had to reply.  I am so happy for you.  I am 8 weeks out from having upper body lift with implants with Dr. LoMonaco.  Whi*****ludes arms, extending down thru armpit, side of chest, and around to breasts to form a breast lift.  From reading the posts, I guess you guys all know of him?  He was on TV has week, I taped it.  My surgery went awesome.  I am extremely happy with the results.  His staff are wonderful, he is wonderful.  he answers his cell phone on the weekend, when I have q's or problems.  Now how awesome is that?!?  Not, leave a message and someone will call back, Dr. L answers.  I am so happy with my results.  I am so happy I was able to go to him.  I am so happy all that skin is gone. 
Lost 136 lbs,         
Upper Torsoplasty with Saline implants 4-16-09
Dr. John LoMonaco, M.D. F.A.C.S., www.drlomonaco.com
Melissa M.
on 6/10/09 12:19 pm - Seabrook, TX
Dr L has been great.  So has Dr Bullocks.  They really want to expand their work with weight loss patients and do some research for medical literature which is one of the reasons they have been willing to help me out.  I can't wait to get rid of this skin off my belly and buttocks too!
tonjasm
on 6/10/09 9:35 am - Edmond, OK
I am so happy for you Melissa!  This is awesome news!

If you don't mind, how much of a price break does one get with going through a residency program?  I have a friend who I've been trying to encourage to go through with such in Oklahoma.  She is wanting breast augmentation.

I had considered it and actually had an appointment for a consult with a residency program, but I found the surgeon that I wanted to use before I ever made that appointment.

If you would feel better on PMing me, that would be great as well!

Thanks so much!

Tonja
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

Melissa M.
on 6/10/09 12:07 pm, edited 6/10/09 12:08 pm - Seabrook, TX
No problem asking!  The quotes I got from both residency programs here in Houston ranged from $6500 to $7500 for the LBL with anchor cut.  All the other procedures go down from there.  I know someone who is getting a LBL and a BL for about $8500.  The breaks come from the surgery fee.  Hospital, OR and anesthesia is regular price. 

All this is really awesome.  Having 2 board certified surgeons working on me is amazing in itself.  I still can't believe it!
hicksgx
on 6/11/09 12:25 am - Hitchcock, TX
Thats a great price, and great Dr's.  My quote for LBL was waaaaaaay more expensive.  Does your prices include the or and anesthesia fees?  
Lost 136 lbs,         
Upper Torsoplasty with Saline implants 4-16-09
Dr. John LoMonaco, M.D. F.A.C.S., www.drlomonaco.com
akers123
on 6/12/09 9:56 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
Melissa I am so excited for you.  Congrats on your date and all the tears were worth the wait.  So just curious, did your office keep bugging you about why you were out? 

Take care and please post as soon as you can!  Love your new profile pic by the way.
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

Melissa M.
on 6/12/09 4:07 pm - Seabrook, TX
Nope they didn't bug me believe it or not.  I work with the best group of people.  I really am blessed.  As soon as I got to my desk my first day back I shot an email before anyone saw me saying my leave had been rescheduled and business was back as usual.  End of story.  All they said is that they were glad I was back.  Of course I work with mostly men and they aren't nearly as nosey as women can be.  There are only 3 other women in my office area and 2 of them knew (one was my boss).  They both gave me hugs before they left today to wish me well cuz it was my last day! 

P.S.  Sorry to hear about your open wounds.  That must really be a downer!!  I sure hope the pain eases up really quick for you.
Most Active