Everything does happen for a reason

Melissa M.
on 6/9/09 1:32 am, edited 6/9/09 1:51 am - Seabrook, TX

At least this time!

Some of you may remember my LBL being cancelled on March 17th and what I mess I was.  Here’s a link to those posts:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/3887584/Youll-never-believe-why-they-cancelled-my-surgery/#31251164

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/3888079/Got-my-new-date/ 

Anyhow, so many things have changed and happened since then.  I had decided to go with a residency program here in Houston because basically that was all I could afford.  It was either that or Mexico.  In fact, I had even gone to Tijuana for a consult last year.  The thought of going to Mexico and having possible complications afterwards while at home didn’t sit well with me even though one of my PCPs was willing to do my aftercare.   

Anyway, fast forward to the time after my surgery got cancelled.  My surgery was supposed to be rescheduled to April 21st but the assistant who handles the scheduling and everything else for that matter for the doctors and residents at UT Physicians was not very responsive.  I got so frustrated with the whole deal (mainly her) that I was going to switch schools and go with Baylor College of Medicine.  I loved them from the beginning but they were not willing to do the full LBL which is why I had gone with UT.  Well the day before my surgery the attending PS called me and told me he would rather not do the full LBL because of my anemia issues.  At the time I was kind of relieved because I was scared to death to begin with so I said okay.  So the whole purpose of going with  UT was no longer an issue so back to Baylor I go.  In the process, I had contacted Dr Lomonaco regarding what had happened and wanted his opinion about the residency programs since he has worked with both.  He told me about Dr. Jamal Bullocks who is the attending physician at Baylor.  He told me he had recently been working on some cases with Dr. Bullocks at Baylor and that he would talk to him about me and my situation and see what he could to do help me out.  I was so excited!  I mean I had been so upset about what had happened and in a real funk.  I actually felt that maybe, just MAYBE everything did happen for a reason.   Sure enough, I met with Dr L and Dr Bullocks and the resident and we came up with a plan to do my LBL w/anchor cut, BL and butt auto augmentation for not much more than what I was going to pay UT just for my LBL!  Dr. L will be in charge of my case and will be there for the pre-op evaluation, planning,  marking and part of the surgery.  They have all been so awesome through this whole process.  They are the nicest group of people you could ever meet.  They have answered all my questions and put my mind at ease about some of my fears.  And I even get to have a pain pump plus CosmetAssure!! (UT didn’t)

So, the big day is June 16th.  I pretty much have all I need since I was already prepared back in March. Just need to go rent my lift chair (again) and get a little bit of groceries and I think I'm set.  I am starting to get nervous because I think this is actually going to happen this time!  Mainly scared of the pain the first few days.

So, who would have thought that after all that happened and all my tears, that I would be working with Dr Lomonaco??  Yes, God does work in mysterious ways.

Melissa

jazzigirl
on 6/9/09 2:04 am - Rose Hill, KS
Congratulations Melissa! That's quite a story and kind of reminds me of a Garth Brooks song "Unaswered Prayers". God does work inmysterious ways! I'll be watching for your updates!

75% EWL!!!!    Miracles do happen and the DS is mine!
(deactivated member)
on 6/9/09 2:05 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Melissa,
I'm so happy for you.  Reading this actually gave me goose bumps because I felt your emotion.

WOW June 16th, that's next week.....how exciting!

You have to keep us posted.  I hope you'll post after pictures so we can share your joy.

Thanks for sharing this great news!!

Ruth
Redhaired
on 6/9/09 4:17 am - Mouseville, FL
Melissa-
This is just terrific news.  I am so happy for you.  I hope it all goes well for you.

Red

purpletb
on 6/9/09 5:32 am
June 16th is right around the corner....I'm so excited for you!  Can't wait to see the results.
happy girl
on 6/9/09 8:47 am
best news ever

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

MelissaF
on 6/9/09 8:58 am - Northwood, IA
OH WOW MELISSA! To have Dr. L assisting in this process!! 

You must want to pinch yourself and ask if you are dreaming right?!?! 

You are right, things happen for a reason, I am a firm believer in that.  

CONGRATULATIONS on this!! I am so excited for you!! Keep us posted!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Melissa M.
on 6/9/09 12:47 pm - Seabrook, TX
Thanks for all the well wishes!  Yes there were times I thought I was dreaming!  Kind of the best of both worlds if you ask me.  I never imagined being able to do all that at one time, so having the BL and butt aug at the same time is a miracle in itself!  I can't wait to have this all behind me and on my way to a recovery.  It really has been emotionally draining.
totalfreedom
on 6/9/09 1:57 pm - Northern CA

Oh Melissa,

I got goose bumps and a little teary-eyed reading your story. I remember when your surgery was cancelled before.  As a matter of fact, the last surgery I had I made sure i had with me all 3 credit cards, debit card and check book.  Thank goodnes no problems with the credit card.

I am so excited for you, it is all right around the corner for you and a whole new you.  congrats on getting to your destination.

take care.....

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Melissa M.
on 6/10/09 12:25 pm, edited 6/10/09 12:31 pm - Seabrook, TX

Thank you!   I've already paid the doctor's fees so that's done.  I am going to the hospital on Friday to pay them and the anesthesiologist.  Everything will be paid in FULL with a cashier's check before the surgery date too.  This IS going to happen this time!  LOL

Most Active