To anchor cut or not?

Rachel1219
on 6/8/09 3:10 pm - IL
I just had a 2nd consult with my surgeon to go over more of the specifics and asked about the incision.  He said it would be straight across the lower portion...when I asked about the anchor cut he said he does them and it's up to me.  He said it would tighten and pull more of the loose skin together, but that I'd have a long scar going up my belly.

Now....I am 5'2" and 180lbs.  I highly doubt I will ever wear a bikini....so I'm thinking I would be fine with the anchor cut.  Is the scar the only real issue between the two? 

Any thoughts on the two.  I'm leaning toward the anchor cut to be as aggressive as possible. 

-Rachel
MelissaF
on 6/8/09 3:18 pm - Northwood, IA
My surgeon avoids them if he can b/c makin a "T" like incision gives you more connection points and more possibilty for skin infection/wound infections and thus necrosis (tissue death). 

On a lighter note, most people that have had them and done well with them do like them as they seem to "cinch" the waist nicely..

I have pics on my profile of 1 week and 2 weeks postop from LBL, I will post 6 weeks this week.  I did not have an achor cut and I am thrilled with my results.

You have to be a friend to see them so I will request your friendship.

Good luck!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

DEBI R.
on 6/8/09 5:57 pm - CORSICANA, TX

I needed an anchor cut to remove the large muffin top I had. The scar doesn't bother me at all.  I don't plan on wearing a bikini either. The scar is alot better than the muffin top to me but that's just me others may feel differently.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/8/09 9:41 pm
i just had an anchor cut TT done at the end of May... best thing ever!!!  I had a lot of skin and fat above my navel and specifically in the middle of my stomach so it was the best way to get rid of that short of doing a LBL, which I did NOT want to do......

And to me - screw the scar!  I used to be 386lbs - how da hell would I get into a bikini then???  LOL  besides - in my hood, that stomach scar gives me street cred - I can tell folks I got in a knife fight with a very precise opponent....

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Lovelylady69
on 6/8/09 11:35 pm - AL
Hijack......LMAO!!  You crack me up girl!!!

Lovelylady
start 308/goal 160/ curent 145  @ 5'9"

MyQnA
on 6/8/09 11:03 pm
I am not sure what you look like now but, I wanted an anchor cut.  I mean really wanted it and my surgeon fealt my skin was not strong enough and that it would not be needed.  I am 6 weeks post op and still on the fence if he was right about not needing it.  You can see I have before and after photos so it might help you decide.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

ilyssajane
on 6/9/09 3:46 am - Forest Hills, NY
Hey Rachel,

I had an anchor cut TT 2 years ago and to be honest, it was the best move for my body. 

1) I had NO issue w/ the T incision, with proper care and good doctor this really shouldn't happen 
2) the scar is so faded now that if I wanted to wear a bikini, no one would notice unless I pointed it out.   I do wear tankinis that tend to ride up sometimes and you can see tummy, but again, my scar is so faded now, that who cares!!!! 

I am very glad I did that way b/c I got a much better result then if I had tone a regular TT.   Also, I always carried all my weight in the middle, always had thinner legs and arms, so for me the anchor cut really was the best way to go!  BTW, yes, doing the anchor is the most aggressive and if you carry you weight in the middle, it can be the wisest!

Good luck!!!!!!
Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

Diane B.
on 6/9/09 4:49 am - Seymour, CT
Hi Rachel,

I am pre-op, but what I learned at one of my consults is that I would not need an anchor cut because I do not have any excess skin on my sides.  I have 2 fat rolls, one above my belly button and the small-medium sized pannus, hence my insurance denial.  I've always had a small chest, so I don't have the loose skin from chest to hip area on the sides that would need to be pulled from each side to the middle.  Gee I hope that makes sense!  HTH, Diane.
Most Active