Panni and BA

MultiMom
on 6/7/09 8:09 am - NH
I have a PS consult later this month, but am not very patient . I am hoping to have my insurance cover the panni removal and pay the extra for boobies. I have never been endowed with breasts, and want some now.

Any idea of what others have paid when the surgeries have been done together?

Thanks,
Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/7/09 8:15 am
Ok - don't take offense - I'm just asking.

Why the panni and not upgrade to a tummy tuck?  Have you looked into what the difference in the two is?

As for boobies - are you looking for a lift or a lift and implant - if implants, saline or gel?

The boobs implant w/gel would run you about 7-10K depending on the doc.  To upgrade the panni to full TT, about 5K.  At least in Texas that's the general running cost......

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

MultiMom
on 6/7/09 8:22 am - NH
No offense taken :)

I really don't think that I need a TT, I am 52 and had 5 kids and except for the extra skin I am OK with that. My boobs, on the other hand, are merely skin flaps on my chest. I am sure the PS will give me more info on what I will need there but definitely implants. I don't know which yet though. I am starting to investigate everything now for a late year (hopefully) procedure.

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/7/09 8:28 am
Whew - I don't know...... you MIGHT hear different from the surgeon - you'd be surprised at 'What Lies Beneath' LOL (remember that movie?)

I totally understand you on the boobs - I had some breast tissue left and didn't want big uns anymore so I just did the lift.  For implants - my vote is gel.  I was considering them for a minute and the feel and look of them far beats saline in my opinion.

My only note is be CAREFUL and get FULL details on what he considers a pannculectomy to cover - you would be SHOCKED at the difference from doc to doc - one doc will make it look almost like a TT - another will have you looking like a half eaten sandwich.

Good luck to you - keep us updated!!! 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

tonjasm
on 6/7/09 12:07 pm - Edmond, OK
Also, do several consults.  Don't go to just one.  See what your options are!  Find which surgeon you feel best with and is willing to work with your insurance.  Remember, they are there to please you!  Find one that will make you feel pleased!
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

Most Active