TMI - but MAN - I have NEVER seen this before!!!!!

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/6/09 11:50 pm
Ok - the pain and frustration of this whole experience is SO worth it for the TT - I am still in regret mode over the BL - the girls don't look 'right' to me - I have been assured that I need to continue to heal and stop tripping - but whatever.

Anyhoo - this TT thing is tripping me OUT!!!!  I have NEVER EVER looked straight down my torso and seen..... the top of the 'Catskill Mountain' if you know what I mean..... LOL!!!!  My own body looks so damn STRANGE to me!  My scars are healing nicely - I was freakish about the T part of my incision so I have made extra sure that it stays clean and cared for.

But - I'm kinda glad I am not wearing the binder yet - cause I lay and STARE for quite a while EVERYDAY - I spent ALL my LIFE with enough skin and fat to require man handling, pulling and sometimes handheld mirrors to see parts of my body that are just flat out VIEWABLE today.  

Not for nothing - but anyone who's thinking the pain AIN'T worth the reward....... you're trippin.  Suck it up - make it happen.  Even for MY journey including a monumental screwup last year - I'm the happiest camper on the grounds.

Just a few random thoughts I wanted to share

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Nicole P.
on 6/7/09 12:47 am - NH
I am with you on the "catskill mountain" thing.  I looked down and i was shocked to see it!!  LOL

I am only 2 days out and still quite swollen.  I am still wearing my binders.  I know that every Doctor is different but mine says to wear them for at least 2 weeks.

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/7/09 1:21 am
My doc doesn't put his patients in compression garments until the drains come out - then I will be in them 24/7 for two weeks - then out of them only to sleep at night for another 6. 

Knowing me, I will sleep in them for the full 8 - just to make SURE I get great results!

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

D. Love
on 6/7/09 12:52 am
Preach!

I had a bowel obstruction last year--- that was a bit of unantipated pain--with an ugly scar to boot---but this whole journey has been worth it.

I found out yesterday that I won't be able to get the BL late summer as planned--my insurance just covers a reduction and Doc and I agreed I am not ready to be that small. I will wait until next year after I change insurance. So I might have to say 4th or 5th time is a charm: DS/wls-TT-BL-ThighLift

Thanks for sharing

Dee
(deactivated member)
on 6/7/09 1:34 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm having my lower body work done in 54 days (yes I'm counting the days).... I can't to see the mountain top LOL
MSHAMO
on 6/7/09 1:51 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
You, Girl, are a hoot!! Not only can I see mine now, but for years I have had that hanging pannus and now that it is gone, I can also feel things like the fabric of my clothes touching it. Such a strange feeling after all these years!! So worth the few days of discomfort!! I said from the beginning if I was in horrendous pain for 10 days ( wasn't horrendous and wasn't 10 days) it's only 10 days and with pain meds, I can survive that!! Actually, it wasn't half as bad as I had anticipated!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
BigCityGirl
on 6/7/09 2:04 am - San Diego, CA
The Catskills or out west here Twin Peaks.  . . . .  still must be a great sight to see after your ordeal last year.  Glad you're coming around.  Can't wait for the photos - not the Catskills  - the rest of it!
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
PamT
on 6/7/09 3:01 am - Downey, CA
The only mountains I've seen so far are the BL bandgaes and the TT compression !! 

It's been so long since I've seen it, it's probably GRAY by now!!

I go into the doctor again on Tuesday so maybe he'll give me permission to shower and remove some bandages.

I'm sooo glad you are doing good with your surgery and the results!!  Exciting, huh!! 

PamT
MyQnA
on 6/7/09 3:32 am
See if I was not raised in the Catskill mountains I might not have laughed so much.......but do you and i am glad you are happy with these results even at this point.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

tonjasm
on 6/7/09 5:41 am - Edmond, OK
I hadn't thought about that!  I am so freakin' excited and I can't wait to tell my hubby.  He's been eyeballing me already with that look "I know what you are going to be looking like".  You all make me so absolutely excited and I am so glad you all share all that you do!
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

Most Active