LOL - taking a shower was quite the ordeal! GEESH!!!!

HKD1970
on 6/6/09 9:25 am - Santa Rosa, CA
Oh brother - I know this is all par for the course but my gosh, what an ordeal it was taking a shower.  I'm staying with my mom as being home with hubby and 3 kids would not be as relaxing.  I know she's my mom and all but the lack of ability to have modesty really got to me. haha!

Deep breath.
It's only been 4 days, right?

Oh, and yes, it felt really good afterwards.  A warm shower can do wonders.

bamagirlee
on 6/6/09 9:32 am - Phenix City, AL
Glad to know I'm not the only one going to my Mom's after surgery! I have two dogs at home who think I"m their human pillow. (In fact one is in my lap as I type, the other has wedged himself between me and the sofa arm) I have not thought about the first shower though...GEEZ! I may have to come home for that one. I'd rather my husband help with that than my Mom.  
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

D. Love
on 6/6/09 9:48 pm
I plan to have my mother stay with my daughter (age 4) and I to help me with her; and a visiting nurse come in as well. My daughter will probably keep my mom busy enough (and she works) so I may have to have the nurse help me with showering needs just found out that I will need help with that garment the whole first week. I am sure your mom didn't mind I would not think twice about it if daughter needed me.

Great to see you feel up to typing. How are you feeling? What can and can't you do so far?

Dee Love
Nicole P.
on 6/7/09 12:52 am - NH
I can not wait to shower!!!  I am glad that you gave the warning of how much of a chore it will be.  I get to take one tomorrow!!  woo hoo!  who would have that one would get so excited about showering!

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

HKD1970
on 6/7/09 2:22 am - Santa Rosa, CA
Oh I KNOW my mom didn't mind and as a mom of four myself, I know we'll do whatever we have to for our kids.  That's not really what it was about for me.

Yesterday, I had a couple girlfriends over and they asked to see my tatas...I didn't mind showing them. I mean, it wasn't like a normal experience with the 3 of us - haha - but it didn't bother me in the least. 

The difference between that and the shower scenario, I THINK, was the vulnerability involved??? I don't know.  One I felt the control over my modesty (or lack thereof haha) the other... I couldn't seem to do anything to avoid it.  No matter if I wanted to keep covered because I'm a strong, independent woman... I couldn't. I had to have her help as I had drains wobbling from side to side, I was trying to finagle the binder with the medical pad/gauze underneath, things kept slipping, etc.  That's more what it was, I think. The vulnerability.

Annnnnyhow... with that said....

Day 1-2, I slept almost all day long. Easily slept 40 out of 48 hours those first couple days.
I couldn't stomach anything more than tea and water crackers, though I didn't feel nauseated in the least.

Day 3, physically, was lightheaded and loopy from lack of food, I think. I had some protein stuff, and fruit and crackers... felt much better an hour later.

Days 3-5, not sleeping during the day, getting about 6-7 hours at night though it's interrupted with having to readjust my butt in the recliner.  Moving around slowly but without any real trouble. Still taking it very easy - no work at all - just up and down some steps, walked around the farm, had some friends visit, etc.

Today, day 6, mentally feeling restless but physically the same - slow but okay.  I went off prescription pain meds on day 2.... tylenol has been totally sufficient for me.

THat's where I am today.

PamT
on 6/7/09 3:54 am - Downey, CA
I can't WAIT til I can take a shower!  

I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I'm hoping for permission then. 

I'll bet you did feel better!! 

PamT
debbiel
on 6/7/09 7:28 am - poughkeepsie, NY
How are you feeling today... It gets better every day.... even taking showers... I remember after my 1st pls surgery my friend helped me with shower... my husband and daughter had to go to Buffalo for a few days...after that I have no shame......You will feel better in a few weeks. Debbie....
Most Active