MelissaF

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/09 3:32 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Hi Melissa,

I've been reading this board for the last 12 pages and I have a question for you.

What are the " Newgel silicone strips my doc loves " that you speak of ?

Thank you
Lisa

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/09 3:46 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi,
I'm not Melissa but I have used the NEWGEL strips.......they are very nice.
Here's a link.  This website had the best price I could find on-line.  I bought a bunch!

http://www.newmedical.com/purchases.htm

TTFN
Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/09 4:05 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Thanks Ruth,
On my way to get a looksie now

ilyssajane
on 6/6/09 5:17 am - Forest Hills, NY
Hi Lisa,

Melissa recommended them to me as well, they work ok, I wanted it for my arms and I found them a bit tuff to keep on.  I think they are better for other parts of the body.  

Here is the big thing though, they are MUCH CHEAPER on Ebay!!!!!!  Don't go straight through the company!

Good luck!!!!
Ilyssa
Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/09 5:20 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I agree for the arms they don't work well.  I stopped using them.  But elsewhere they are great.

I originally bought mine from a guy on ebay (I got them cheap) and then found this website....they cost me the same amount money.
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/09 9:09 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Thank you Ilyssa I will make sure that I get them off of Ebay.
MelissaF
on 6/6/09 6:58 am - Northwood, IA
Hi there Lisa!

The newgel silicone strips help reduce and flatten and also help with the redness of our incisions/scars.  I get mine through my surgeon.  I buy it by the sheet and cut to size and then use and reuse after each shower. I wear mine 24/7 and they really do help a lot!  I also like them b/c they put a barrier between my incisions and the garment I wear.. so comfy.  The outside is felt and the innerside that sticks to you is well sticky silicone that peels off easily and is so pliable.  I have heard from the girls above the arms just don't work out as well, also my friend said the same thing that lives near me.  But for the LBL it has been FANTASTIC.  I have went through two sets - they do start sticking after repeated uses but have lasted about 3 weeks a sheet for me and could be longer but dry skin starts sticking to them etc and lint and well kinda geebies me out when they get dirty and they do not wash well no matter what the instructions say.  DO not use any mederma under them or oils b/c that makes the stickiness not work at all.  I am supposed to wear mine for 3 months.  I will buy one more sheet to get me through as I just started on my 3rd box and almost 6 weeks out. I may have to buy 2 more additional.  I love them tho and through my doc about 40 bucks a box or the site Ruth mentioned decently priced.

Good luck!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/09 9:13 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Thanks Melissa for the reply. I am definately interested in buying them.

LISA
(deactivated member)
on 6/7/09 6:53 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Melissa!
I'm ordering my NEWGEL strips for my upcoming LBL and Inner Thigh Lift.
Did you use the 6" or the 8" or the 24" ones after your LBL??

Thanks!
MelissaF
on 6/7/09 11:27 am - Northwood, IA
Hey Ruth! I use what the doc gave me and its 5x6 sheet.  Not sure what you had before? I cut mine into strips going the long way... does this help? LOL.  I like the blue ones b/c they move with you and easy to see where u are placing them esp on teh back side.  
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active