7 weeks post op

happy girl
on 6/4/09 12:20 pm
tomorrow will be 7 weeks since my fleur de lis TT w/MR, Medial Thigh Lift, and Ventral Hernia Repair.

It has not been an easy journey for me, my complications have popped up in the past couple of weeks.  My body is rejecting my sutures pretty much everywhere - this week they started coming out of my belly button...my vertical incision is really nice - knock on wood, no issues there, but my leg incisions abscessed and my horizontal incision came apart.  I am on my 5th round of antibiotics, and still taking narcs every so often.

I do love my PS and have seen him every week, he's always available and always encouraging,  He hasn't seen anyone before with the suture rejection like I have and feels really bad for me, which I think is adorable , seriously though, he's been very good to me.

No regrets, but  I do wish things had gone smoother.  If I could go back, I am not 100% sure I would get my legs done. Even with a good recovery, it's such a tough surgery to recover from (in my opinion)....  I was on the fence over the TL for a while and went ahead.  I think in the long run I will be happy as my legs were a issue for me - it's just a matter of time to fully heal, I guess... 

Back to work on Monday not looking forward to that at all.

Anyway, I will try and get some pictures tomorrow for my official 7 weeks and post them.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Melissa M.
on 6/4/09 3:54 pm - Seabrook, TX
So sorry to hear your recovery hasn't gone as smoothly as you had hoped.  I sure hope you get past this hurdle soon. 

Take care,
Melissa
DEBI R.
on 6/4/09 4:33 pm - CORSICANA, TX

I'm sorry to hear that your having issues with your legs.

I'm scared to get my legs done because I've heard they are hard to heal. I hope you feel better soon. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Honeyblonde
on 6/4/09 9:52 pm - MN
So sorry to hear you've had so many problems but really glad that your PS is so supportive.  Who is your PS?

I'm certain you will be thrilled when everything is healed and you're feeling "normal" again!

Best wishes!

~ BJ

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/09 10:34 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
So sorry you are having such a rough recovery!  I'm glad you have a great relationship with your surgeon and that he is very responsive.
I'll bet when it's all done you'll be a very happy girl.

Hang in there.  Good luck with going back to work.
Ruth
ltlkim9424
on 6/4/09 11:28 pm - Lakeville, MN
Hang in there!! We all know how strong you are!! I can't remember but did you go to Dr Kuvanda?
It will all be worth it in the end!!
Jessica B.
on 6/5/09 1:33 am - MN
Your pictures look great from what I have seen.  I am so glad to hear that Dr K is so amazing.  I go in for my pre surgery on Tuesday and in for surgery on Wed.   Wish me luck! 
        I have gained some great friends on this journey!

mnlisad
on 6/5/09 1:53 am - Rochester, MN
Hi  Happy Girl..
Can't believe it's been 7 weeks already...I've been following(--not stalking!) you that long?  :)  I'm a week out today, bilat medial thighplasty/bl/ba.  So far so good....I hope in time you'll be ok w/your decision...it's still early out...and I'm so thankful you have a great relationship with your plastic surgeon...wouldn't this be awful if you didn't..??  Hope healing goes quickly for you...and will be thinking about you as you go back to work next week.  Take it easy over the weekend to prepare yourself.  Lisa

Duodenal Switch 4/25/06
Pre op weight: 368
Day of surgery: 345
Current weight: 156
9/08--176# Lower body lift and brachioplasty--now 156#!
4/09 Medial thigh lift/thighplasty and BA/mastopexy! 

MelissaF
on 6/5/09 1:59 am - Northwood, IA
Although your ride with PS hasn't been easy you have been so strong and I feel you will be thrilled once all said and done.  Be careful with going back to work, listen to your body and do not overdo, don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it (I know easier said than done).

Keep us posted on your progress! You have been such an ispiration to me, I thank you!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active