Scheduled to get breast implants after full body contour surgery and having second thoughts

HalfTheWoman
on 6/5/09 12:11 am
I am 27 years old. I lost 175 pounds 5-6 years ago after joining a 12 step program. Last summer, I had a full body contour surgery. Part of that surgery consisted of a breast lift and they took tissue from other parts of my body and filled in my breasts. I became a D cup. My surgeon ended up getting fired because he had been on drugs. In April, my new surgeon (in charge of my revisions) noticed that the tissue in my breast was probably dead. He performed surgery to take the extra tissue out. Now, my left breast is a B cup and my right breast is about a D cup. I am scheduled for surgery on July 10 to finish taking extra skin off my stomach and to fix my breasts.

I have 2 options for my breasts:

(a) Reduce the D cup (right breast) to the size and shape of the B cup (left breast) and leave it at that. The left breast looks pretty natural and normal, but I am not happy with the size. I am tall and have a large frame and a D cup looks more in proportion to my frame.

(b) Reduce the D cup (right breast) to the size and shape of the B cup (left breast) and put 300cc saline implants in. They are doing this for no extra cost because my original surgery was done by someone who was intoxicated. I REALLY REALLY do want implants, but I just keep worrying about having to find the money to replace them in 10-15 years and I worry about all the complications that could happen.

Has anyone here had implants after massive weight loss or know anyone who has?

Thank you for your help!
BigCityGirl
on 6/5/09 3:39 am - San Diego, CA
This board is full of women who have had implants after massive weight loss.  I'm not one of them though. But they're here.  More to the point, I would get the implants if I were in your position.   I wouldn't worry about 10 to 15 years down the line as far as replacement cost.  By the time you're in your 40's your financial situation will probably be a lot better.  Good luck.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
MelissaF
on 6/5/09 4:54 am, edited 6/5/09 4:54 am - Northwood, IA
I agree with the above poster.  You are young, you had a very unfurtunate cir****tance and they are willing to help you out.. GO FOR IT!  Run with it!  That is what I would do but I do realize your fears and concerns.  I am having some veneers put on my front two teeth they are a 1,000 a tooth normally but a friend is doing a project with noprep ones and is willing to give them to me at lab cost 150 a tooth.  I worry in the future when they need to be replaced how I will swing it but ya know what? it is an oppourtunity so I am running with it.... Things just have a way of working themselves out.  You have worked hard and u deserve what u want.. i'd personaly let the worry aside. Good luck!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

happy girl
on 6/6/09 3:08 pm
I would get the implants if I was in your situation

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

HalfTheWoman
on 6/7/09 5:09 am
Thank you! I think I am going to. Now I am doing research about silicone.
Most Active