INFECTION

jon1970
on 6/5/09 7:15 am
I went to the doctor yesterday. After the emergency call on Saturday night and visit on Sunday morning he wanted to see me again yesteday.

Well he had to reoppen the incision on my lift side I guess a 5 inch section and drain out the old blood. That was no fun. Hopefully now that the old blood is out than the healing will progress more quickly.

When he removed my drain on that side the drain had not been working and I gushed blood out after he removed the drain so I am guessing the drain came out too soon due to the reduced output due to the malfunctioning drain.

I do seem to be doing a bit better today energy wise maybe psychological or maybe the infection is clearing.

On a side note I am one of the finalists for a job I interviewed for earlier this week. I had to take a drug test today. I am concerned about the vicodin. Everyone I have talked to said dont worry because you have a prescription. I am still a little concerned.

Jon
MelissaF
on 6/5/09 8:00 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Jon, bless your heart that had to not be fun!  I am glad your doctor took care of it and you can be on the mend now.

As for the vicodin, get a note from your doctor stating you are on a prescription medication for pain post surgery so they know if there is any questions about your situation.

Good luck with the job! Fingers crossed for you!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/09 8:02 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Hope the infection clears up quickly and everything mends nicely.

Good luck on the job!!

Ruth
CinC_House1987
on 6/6/09 1:41 am
Hi Jon,

I wish you a speedy recovery.  I'm going in for a LBL bright an early Monday morning.

Anyway, a letter from your doctor can go a long way with your (future) employer.  It just needs to give a reason for the meds.  Also, be sure to make a copy of the letter for your own file. 

Best of luck,
Bex
Most Active