California Plastic Surgeons

Redhaired
on 6/5/09 1:36 am - Mouseville, FL
Does anyone know of a plastic surgeon in the Southern California area (Ventura) that will work with insurance.  I am asking for a friend.

Thanks-

Red

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/09 4:02 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Red,
I'm not sure how far South you are looking but I can tell you Dr Agha seems to be on the southern part of CA.  I'll be going to him in 7 weeks for my lower body work.  There are a number of other people on the board who have already used him...perhaps you or your friend can reach out to them.

Good luck
Ruth
Redhaired
on 6/5/09 5:18 am - Mouseville, FL
I have heard wonderful things about Dr. Agha but will he work with insurance?  That is the thing.  My nephew had a consult with a PS in his area and the surgeon would not even consider working with insurance.

Red

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/09 5:25 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yes, I know someone else who is going to him soon and she is trying to get ins to pay for some.

I'd say have your nephew give them a call......
thegraduate120
on 6/5/09 6:01 am
Are you talking about post-weight loss plastic surgery or other?

Tim Katzen's office (Beverly Hills) was the only one I consulted with that offered to try to go to bat for me with the insurance company and they seemed experienced with it.   I would try talking to him.    I ended up going with Dr. Agha but had zero insurance coverage and didn't even try.

Redhaired
on 6/5/09 6:04 am - Mouseville, FL
Thanks so much.  I will pass the info on.

Red

Redhaired
on 6/5/09 6:05 am - Mouseville, FL
Thanks so much.

Red

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/09 9:48 am - Los Angeles, CA
I went with Dr. Aboolian for my surgery, and they were very cooperative in helping with insurance. Melanie (his insurance/surgery coordinator) is great, and I would suggest researching your insurance policies.
sablouwho
on 6/5/09 11:48 am - La La Land, CA
I've met with Agha, Aboolian and Katzen and I got the feeling that Katzen's office was the most experienced of the 3 in terms of dealing with insurance.

Aboolian even commented to me at the OH conference where I met him, Katzen and Agha that he knew Katzen did a lot of insurance cases. So I suspect that  Katzen would have the most insurance experience (more than Aboolian, definitely more than Agha).

That said, I know Shira (who posted upthread) had great success w/getting insurance due to her tenacity plus help from Melanie at Aboolian's office.

Hope that helps.
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

Kathie L.
on 6/6/09 12:19 am - Castaic, CA
 I didn't use insurance, but want to say that I love Dr. Katzen and his staff. He's truly a master and artist and the kindest doctor I've ever known.

California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Most Active