extended TT versus LBL??

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/09 7:50 pm

hi all,

i've just started with my PS consults and the first surgeon told me i should have an extended TT; the second said LBL.  i know each case is individual, clearly, but given that i seem to be on the borderline here, i'm appealing to your expertise, just based on the surgical procedures themselves.  my concerns are losing my butt/hips/waist/curves, cost (LBL seems to be a bit more expensive), and recovery period (i have to fly back to boston four weeks after surgery and walk to classes, carry a bookbag, etc.).  anyone here have any good input to help me make the decision?  anyone get an LBL and wish they'd done just the extended TT, or vice versa?  strong feelings in either direction?  all advice is very much appreciated!

thanks,
s

MelissaF
on 6/4/09 1:29 am - Northwood, IA
It really depends on your body and your surgeon and what you are ultimately looking for as far as results.

I have a great curve to my waist line and I had an LBL.. my butt is flatter no doubt about it.  My doc does not do autoaugmentation meaning fat injection with LBL's like some do.  However my but is SMOOOTH! woohoo.  

I donno, I had a lot of hip skin and I woulda done the LBL no matter what.  I have seen some TT's in my support group and they look off balance b/c they have a bigger tush and hips now and FLAT stomach.. catch my drift? But if you don't carry any fat there or have a lot of skin then it probably would be a problem...

Maybe you want a 3rd opinion to make the decision? :)  Just a thought. I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY LBL!  I wouldn't do it any other way personally.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Lovelylady69
on 6/4/09 3:12 am - AL
Ditto Melissa!  So happy with mine as well!

Lovelylady
start 308/goal 160/ curent 145  @ 5'9"

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/09 4:36 am

i'm so happy to see that you're both happy with your LBLs!!  i was worried some people might regret it because of the dramatic change in shape (i kind of like my big butt!! a little nervous to let it go!) and because of the substantial recovery period.  really glad to see such enthusiastic proponents!! :)  
Most Active