Panniculectomy with a Tummy Tuck

Reggaesue
on 6/4/09 12:32 am - Brooklyn, NY
 I am having a Panniculectomy with a Tummy Tuck on July 6th!

I need to lose as much weight as I can in the next 32 days!

started the Isagenix Cleansing and Fat Burning System this morning.

Anyone try this after weight lose surgery?

Any advice on my Panniculectomy with a Tummy Tuck?
Suzanne

CoronaRN
on 6/4/09 1:52 am - Huddleston, VA
I had a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair on 5/20.  Pics are on my profile.  Did the doc tell you you had to lose weight before he would do the procedure?  

Tanya
Reggaesue
on 6/4/09 2:52 am - Brooklyn, NY
 They didn't tell me I HAD to lose more weight.  I just figure it's best to be as low as possible before the surgery!
Suzanne

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/4/09 8:52 am - OH
IMO, your focus should be on increasing your protein and vitamins between now and surgery NOT on losing weight... you need your body to be as healthy and strong as possible before surgery, especially in the unlikely event of a complication (e.g., the incison breakdown and necrosis that I had).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MSHAMO
on 6/4/09 1:56 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Good luck with your surgery, you will love it. I expected to be in excruciating pain after mine, but was so pleased that the pain was at least  manageable and bearable. BUT, there is some pain, so take your pain meds on a schedule, don't wait until you're in a lot of pain. Thankfully, my DH was around 24/7 for the first couple of weeks, I really couldn't get up or down, I had a lot of muscle repair and a baseball sized umbilical hernia repaired. The best hints I can give is keep your drains stripped and take some stool softeners, prunes, ground flax seed, suppositories or whatever you need to keep from getting constipated; that was a BIG problem for me. The pain meds just shut my body down!! Also, get your drains organized from the beginning, I waited 2 weeks before I figured out a system. I took all my drains and put them in a plastic bag and pinned it to my binder. Good luck, you have a whole month to collect ideas!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Reggaesue
on 6/4/09 2:51 am - Brooklyn, NY
 Thanks!  I'll keep collecting info!   
Suzanne

mommyto4kids
on 6/4/09 4:24 am
ask your doc about taking the fat burner. I was told not to take anything like that leading up to my surgery.    Good luck and I hope it goes well!!!
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/4/09 7:56 am
Careful on the fat burners and other herbals - some of them can make you bleed....... check with your doc on anything you're taking - my doc had me stop everything 2 weeks prior to surgery.

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

sc62
on 6/5/09 1:29 am - NJ
Just try and make sure you are within 10lbs of what you consider your idea body weight.  If you were to lose much more than that after your surgery you will most likely need a revision.  If you think you will not be there by July then you might want to postpone the surgery date for a bit.  To be very honest I don't think it is such a good idea for you to "crash" diet to have surgery you should be at a maintained weight (of your liking) for at least 6 months, 3 months minimum.

Good luck and I wish you all the best.

Sandy

MelissaF
on 6/5/09 2:21 am, edited 6/5/09 2:22 am - Northwood, IA
Ok I am a straight shooter - most know that about me on here.  I am also an RN so let me just get on my little health box for a second and please understand I am looking out for your best interest result and health wise...

Do not crash diet before surgery.   You will deplete necessary vitamins and protein storages that are necessary for healing especially with any detoxing or cleansing agents.  They aren't every appropriate for RNY patients b/c we already have malabsorption of nutrients on our side, don't exacerbate the problem.  Your tissues postop will not heal as well. Period.

As for weight loss.. u need to be close if not at your goal or you will end up having loose skin all over again after surgery.  Be at a stable weight for at minimum of 3 months before you do this.

My personal opinion is to reschedule.  As much as you want this now (i do understand) waiting will help your outcome as you have goals to achieve.  Lose your weight using your tool, forget crash diets and detox plans, maintain for 3 months and then make the consult and go forth with surgery...

Please be smart about this, your post really concerned me and refrained from commenting for a while but I feel compelled b/c I do not want to see you with wounds that need packing or issues related to lack of avaiable nutrients for proper tissue healing or lack of satisfaction with postop results as your weight loss isn't where u want it yet.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active