8 weeks out....questions????

Lovelylady69
on 6/3/09 11:25 am - AL
I am 8 weks out today from a full TT, LBL and breast aug.  Here are my questions:

1.)  What was your activity level at eight weeks out?  My MD is still telling me "little activity."  Says it will make me swell.  I am back to work at a desk job but I'm scared to death to even bend over!  And I would like to start walking for exercise benefits.

2.)  How long did you wear your abdominal binder?  This thing is driving me crazy but the doc says to keep wearing it as long as I can stand it.  I don't know how much longer that will be. 

3.)  Did your back still hurt like a mug after 8 weeks out (not unbearable, but uncomfortable.!) 

4.)  When will I feel normal again (normal with a great bod, that is...lol!)

I sure would appreciate your input.  I know what my MD says, but it helps to hear from those who have actually been through it!

Lovelylady
start 308/goal 160/ curent 145  @ 5'9"

MelissaF
on 6/3/09 2:31 pm, edited 6/3/09 2:31 pm - Northwood, IA
I am only 5 weeks post LBL....

1) At 5 weeks out I am briskly walking and cleared for all exercise including running and even weight lifting at 6 weeks but he wants me to listen to my body and only do what it wants me to do.. listen  listen to it very closely and do only as tolerated in other words.  I wanna run so bad but I may wait a few more weeks.

2) I am wearing my binder faithfully except when I shower, I love mine.  If I don't wear it I swell along the incision line above my pubis and my back aches.  I need it. My surgeon recommends minimum of 3 months for best results.

3) My back hurts only without the binder or sitting or standing too long in one spot. It is getting much much stronger and I attribute that to the walking.  It builds your core.  I walk about 3 miles a day right now.

4) I feel a lot better at 5 weeks.. I will be back to work in about 10 days now.  I donno, I feel pretty normal or as normal as I can be considering, obviously not 100 percent healed.  

Hang in there... each day gets better, I wish your doc would let you move that bod more, you might be further along in overall stanima if he let u.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Lovelylady69
on 6/4/09 2:56 am - AL
Thanks Melissa!  It's so good to hear from someone who's been through this!  You are doing GREAT!  I agree, I sit at a desk all day and that makes my back stiff and uncomfortable...I try to move and walk around as much as feasible.  I, too, like the support of my binder...my only deal is that in South Alabama the heat is already unbearable, so the binder is really hot!  But I am going to keep wearing it until at least 3 months.  Then we have reservations at Panama City Beach....Woohoo!!  I do think I'll start back walking...it makes me feel so much better!

Thanks again and keep up the good work!  You are beautiful!

Lovelylady

MelissaF
on 6/4/09 3:46 am - Northwood, IA
I work at a SNF too in a hospital and also an RN! How funny... do you do MDS stuff?  Bless your heart if so! That's grueling job for our nurse that does it!!!  Much respect your way!

Thanks for the friendship add, I added you!  I have preop and postop 1 week and 2 weeks pics posted that you can view now that you are a friend.  They are graphic do be warned but wanted to be transparent and educate and inform on this journey... I will be adding 6 week photos next week, lots of healing since then! I love my outcome so far.  Other than the blasted tape burn I got.  Using mederma on that faithfully and vitamin E oil to hopefully diminish the appearance of it.  

I can imagine your binder is getting really hot - not fun and may even end up irritating the incision like I would think?  Are you wearing t-shirts under to absorb any moisture?  Might be helfpful if not.  I helps me a lot.  

How fun on the beach vacay!! YAY for you!  Keep us posted on your progress!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

DEBI R.
on 6/3/09 4:25 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I've gone back to normal activities and I will be 2 months post op on the 8th. I still have tightness in my hips and back area, it feels like I'm going to pop open sometimes I'm so tight. I started back at the gym last week and I've been walking since week one.

I still wear my binder when I sleep and wear a shaper/girdle during the day because I like the support and feel funny without some kind of support.

I also have a desk job and went back at almost 3 weeks post op, I could have went back alot sooner but I wasn't allowed to shower until all 6 drains came out so I waited.

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Lovelylady69
on 6/4/09 2:59 am - AL
Thanks Debi.  I'm a RN, I work in care plans at a SNF so I also have basically a desk job.  I went back to work at 4 weeks.  As I said to Melissa I think alot of my back pain is from sitting there all day, even though I try to move about as much as possible.  How long did your doctor tell you to wear your binder? 

Lovelylady

DEBI R.
on 6/4/09 3:40 am - CORSICANA, TX
My Dr told me I could quit wearing my binder at a month post op but I feel funny without it so I still wear it when I sleep and wear a panty shaper/girdle during the day. He also said I could start exercising then too but I waited until last week to go back to the gym I was scared I would injure myself that early out.

I'm sorry your back has been hurting, I sit alot too and try to get up and walk as much as possible it always helps. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

cbhjr98
on 6/3/09 5:26 pm
I'm 8 weeks post op today - I'm fine except I'm swollen by the end of the day and feel very bloated. Especially if I've been in a car all day or walking alot. I have no problems doing anything I could do before surgery - although the hip incisions are still somewhat tender. Of course the (future) step kid was playing in the pool and kicked really hard on my thigh T junction and OMG that hurt like &^%* I'm swimming and everything fine. I'm not back to heavy duty exercise though - just taking it easy although I'm sure I could if I really felt I needed to.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Lovelylady69
on 6/4/09 3:02 am - AL
Thanks Cass.  It helps to hear from you guys!  You must have had your surgery the day after mine (April 7).  I thought my MD was being a little conservative with the activity level, but like I said he kind of had me afraid to do anything! 

Lovelylady

Most Active