Surgery Approval?

BLEACHMAMA7
on 6/1/09 4:41 pm - TRENTON, NJ
Did anyone have a lowerbody lift and insurance paid for it?  I have Horizon blue cross blue shield of NJ.  If so can you please tell me which plastic surgeon you went to and how long did it take for approval?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/09 11:06 pm
I did not have a lower body lift but I am in the process waiting to get approval for tt and breast lift or implants (I know I must pay for implants out of pocket).  I also have BCBS of NJ and my plastic surgeon, Dr. Rothenberg of Livingston, stated that it will take 10 to 12 weeks for approval from BCBS.  His nurse also stated that BCBS is the hardest insurance company to get approval for reconstructive surgery.
Hope this information was helpful and good luck!
MelissaF
on 6/2/09 12:10 am, edited 6/2/09 12:10 am - Northwood, IA
I have yet to see a complete lower body lift paid for by insurance... panni removal yes, tummy tuck maybe.. but rarely.  LBL.. never.  It is really a more "cosmetic" procedure in addition to reconstructive work so they never say they will pay for it all... if you get it, u are lucky!  Good luck.

edited to add: after 3 months of documentation of rashes etc and going to the doctor.. i got my panni paid for and still out of pocketed near 11k for completion of LBL.

Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active