Recovery time full TT

Ros-mari
on 6/1/09 3:37 pm - Sweden

I know I should ask the surgeon (and I will, when I get to see her for five minutes before she cuts me on Friday), but anyway, how long can I expect it to take after a full TT (muscle tightening, etc.) before I can:

drive (a stick-shift SUV)

work at a desk job

ride a bicycle

walk for at least an hour

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Why can't my inner fashionista and my inner feminist just get along? Ros-mari

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/1/09 10:00 pm
Not for nothing - but she didn't cover this with you before?  I urge you to call the office and ask - you shouldn't feel like you can't ask questions and you should NEVER be hurried by your surgeon or made to feel as if you are bothering them - if you do, that's a sign that you need to RUN!!

BUT - to answer your questions from my surgeon's orders for me:
drive - after the drains are out and off narcotic pain meds (5 -7 days)
work desk job - 2 weeks
bicyle - don't know, don't have one
walk for at least an hour - not sure, but he's not letting me back in the gym on the treadmill for one month

Oh yea - and no sex for a month either.... I know you didn't ask but I figured I'd give you a freebie.  LOL!!! 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Ros-mari
on 6/2/09 4:45 am - Sweden

Thanks Mack Mama. I'm in a bit of a different position than most people in the States, because my TT is being done through our public health service. Last week, I had a half-day appointment at the hospital that included a meeting with a nurse, physical therapist, the anasthesiologist and the assistant surgeon, but I was so stressed out I forgot those basic questions. I've met my surgeon once for the evaluation and approval for surgery, and will probably not see her very much more, other than briefly during rounds and so on at the hospital. They did give me a phone number to call with any questions and I'll try to find the time to call tomorrow - I have been overwhelmed with work, trying to get everything done beforehand.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!

Tee M.
on 6/2/09 3:31 am - CT

I could drive after done with pain meds (about 10 days for me)

Went back to work at 2 weeks

I DONT RIDE  A BIKE (sorry cant help), but I would say it will probably be a good month.

I HAD to walk starting the second day.  Doctor said the more I get my body moving around the quicker and better I would heal.  He was absolutely right.  I wasn't sprinting or anything, but would keep moving around several times a day. (also helps you sleep)

Good Luck

Why is it we all know how to use our tool, but refuse to do it?

Ros-mari
on 6/2/09 4:41 am - Sweden

Thanks, Rerun. I know about the walking requirement of course, so that I will be doing and will just adjust the time and pace to how I feel. I just bought a bicycle - the first I have owned in 40 years, so am looking forward to riding it.

Appreciate the info!

Danielle H.
on 6/2/09 10:57 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey girl, I had the LBL, but I drove at 12 days, could have done a little sooner maybe but definitely works the muscles.  I did work for about 1/2 a day at 9 days at home (computer).  Bicycle and exercise was limited til after 28 days for my particular dr - but be sure to ask that one as they are all different.  Mine released me to do anything after that month, but some people's do it earlier and some say anything but ab exercises.
Walking is good - do what your body allows and start slowly...you will be sore, but think by a month or less you'll be up to an hour!

Good luck!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Ros-mari
on 6/2/09 5:16 pm - Sweden

Thanks Danielle!

Hugs,

Mary Ellen S.
on 6/3/09 12:38 am - East Central, IL
I am one month out today from Full fleur des lis TT with muscle tightening and Arm lift.  The tummy was nothing.  The arms are a little worse.  I could drive in about 8-10 days once off all pain meds.  I was really basically down for a week totally.  Once drains started coming out I was fine.  I got 3 out at a week which made a huge difference than I was going out and about more.  I got last drain out at 2 weeks then I was FREE.  At 2.5 weeks I was on the go all weekend on my feet walking concrete for 10 hours a day. (memorial weekend so I did this for 3 days without any issues)  The only reason I am not riding my bike right now is because of my arms.  They are still pretty tight and it hurts to stretch out too far and bump around otherwise I would definitely have been able to ride after a couple of weeks.  The recovery was much, much less for me than they told me.  They told me I would be down for 3 weeks so that is what I planned for and I was thrilled that basically a week then I was doing ok and moving well.  I still watch what I lift because of my arms.  And yes, Sex 4 to 6 weeks is what I was told and since I am 47 and going through the change and lacking in libido I am milking that for all it's worth!  Ha Ha although I am loving my sexy new bod!  And so is the hubby!  Good Luck and let us know how it goes. 

Was that TMI?  tehehe

M.E.
Most Active