Haven't been around

Danielle H.
on 6/2/09 11:11 am - Atlanta, GA
I had my 3 month checkup yesterday from my LBL.  Everything looks great, healing wise.  I am up about 10 lbs, lost my job 5 weeks ago today and have no real leads...sucky times make me eat drink and smoke!  So that's where the 10 are from, but victory is that I fit into a size 6 pants at Gap last week!  Got some great clothes and now even got the PS to quote me on thigh lift...sigh can't do it right now, he said he could even revise my TT scar and pull it down another inch and suck out some fat there in lower belly too.  I'll have to lose the weight and just wait it out.  I tried asking if he'd just do lipo but think he'll be against it because the skin is already saggy - I just can't stand the rub - I feel so sexy in a bikini but the thighs!  Its just upper thigh and he would only do the bikini cut but it's like $7,000 still!

Oh well, so I'm here, asked the PS for my before and after pics electronically so I'll post them when I get them.  Hope everyone is well!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

2kristie
on 6/2/09 11:35 am - , MO
Howdy, Danielle!! 

I, too, am 3 months out and feel a lot better but also gained 10 lbs.  I still am very swollen in my hips/thighs and some in tummy...maybe even my thighs...do you still have swelling?  Also, does your incision still feel tender sometimes or even after I have been on my feet a lot....you too?? 

I have finally just pushed myself to exercise more whether I swell or not.  I just can not put more weight on and go back to where I was...373 lbs.  I am making changes to my diet again and exercise has always been my key to success so we shall see...I am finally feeling control in my life again. 

I am sorry to here about your job but hopefully you can find a job soon and learn something new in the process...best wishes!! 
brenda F.
on 6/2/09 11:36 am - whitney, TX
hi Hun ,would love to be yr friend .I'm to be having plastics soon .please add me ..Red in TX .
was 400+ june 15th,06,..now 145-150 as of may15th,09 ... wow!!!what a ride .   
Melissa M.
on 6/2/09 1:57 pm - Seabrook, TX
Glad to see you stopped in!  Sorry to hear about your job.  Hopefully something will come through for you.  It's nice to hear how people are doing months out.  It's interesting to see how some people lose weight after their PS and never gain it back and some do.  Thanks for keeping us posted on how your doing since it seems like most people  just disappear after they've healed and go on their merry way!

Melissa
DEBI R.
on 6/2/09 5:44 pm - CORSICANA, TX

Hi Danielle,

Glad your back on the boards.  I'm sorry to hear about your job hopefully you'll find something soon.

I need my thighs done too but I'm saving for my breasts next so it will be awhile before I can afford the thighs. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Honeyblonde
on 6/2/09 9:55 pm - MN
Sorry to hear about your job.  Good luck with your job search - these are difficult times and there's a lot of competition for jobs so hopefully you don't get down on yourself.

You LOOK great no matter what!!  And congratulations on the size 6 pants!  Woo-hoooo!

Take care -

~ BJ

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/09 1:04 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Glad to see you posting.

Sorry to hear about your job.  I can relate.

Enjoy your new body!!!
angilfires
on 6/3/09 7:14 am - lakeside, CA
Hi Danielle,

I 'm glad your 3 mo check up went so well!  Your information was so helpful before and after my plastic surgery, I just wanted to thank you again.

I'm so sorry to her about your job!  I wish you all the luck in the world in landing a new job soon.  

Take good care of your body, you have done beautifully.    Three cheers on the size 6 Gap jeans by the way!

Please don't be a stranger, there are lots of folks who care about you.

Warm Regards,
Gaby

akers123
on 6/3/09 10:57 am - Charlotte Hall, MD

Hang in there my friend.  Your beautiful just as you are.  OH MY GOSH Off the Shelf 6, you go girl.

Call anytime if you need to talk!

Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

Most Active