Underwire Bra after BL/BA

boomer65
on 6/1/09 7:03 pm
Good Morning,

I am about 5 months out from a TT with BL/BA and a left breast revision 3 weeks ago.  My PS released me yesterday from wearing the breast binder and told me I could go braless if I wanted, not really comfortable with that yet.  But he said I could go back to wearing a more molded cup bra as long as it didn't push the "girls to high and in" .  That's fine, but my real question that I didn't think to ask was when can I start wearing an underwire bra?

The molded cup bras that I have, aren't the best and don't really give full coverage so I want to go back to my very nice Le Mystere bras but they have underwires in them. 

I am planning to go bra shopping this weekend to update my bras now that I feel like I'm on the road to being done.

Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Franci

Susan S.
on 6/2/09 3:00 am - Roselle, NJ
I was told to wear an underwire bra day and night for as long as I could stand so that the implant drops and forms a proper position and mammory fold.  Underwire support is the best way to help position the breast for a 'pretty outcome' - as my PS says....love that language  - not just bigger boobs - but pretty ones.....: )  A comfortable cup that does not push the breast into the sternum, but with underwire support is what I was told - and the basic bali bra is the one they recommended...they are very comfortable.   I also found these wonderful camis - cotton with lycra with a built in underwire bra - so I can look like I"m braless - and show off the new girls.....but still have very good support.  Going braless after implants is not recommended........until scar capsule forms and the implant is very solidly supported and that can take months.........Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

boomer65
on 6/2/09 10:58 am
Susan,

Thanks for the reply.  My PS told me to use a supportive bra that didn't push the girls up, but he didn't mention if I could wear an underwire.  I'm glad to hear that it's okay.  I actually wore one today and it felt alright.  Do you know the maker of the cami's you mentioned cuz I would love to get some. 

Hopefully if I start wearing the underwire it will help.  We figured out yesterday that the right one is sitting a little "wider" than the left one so it looks a little different than the left.  It's only been 4.5 months since my original surgery so hopefully over time they'll both settle down and start to look the "same".

Franci

Most Active