Procare pre surgery supplement - looking for recipes

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/09 9:53 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Did you drink Procare pre/post surgery?  If so do you have any recipes to share?
I hear it tastes pretty nasty.  If you found a great way to mask the flavor please share.

Does anyone know how many calories is in a serving of this stuff?
liz73
on 6/1/09 10:08 am
 Hi Moosie,

I just picked up the procare last week.  I blended it with ice, cranberry juice, 1/2 of a banana, and a frozen strawberry/mango blend and it tasted pretty good.  A little bit of an aftertaste but the banana gave it a nice texture.  I really think you won't mind it.  I also drank it through a straw...don't know if that helped.

My PS said it's good when you mix it with Margharitta mix.  I asked him if I could also put tequila in it & he just laughed... but he didn't say no.  Good luck!

-liz
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/09 10:36 am, edited 6/1/09 10:36 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Liz,
Loving the margharitta idea.......LOL! 

Do you know how many calories are in Procare?
Thanks!
Ruth

liz73
on 6/1/09 11:41 am
 Ha!  I've been dying to find out how many calories in the Procare.  I looked on their website but didn't find anything about calorie information.  There is a number to call on the packing slip I received about questions but I keep forgetting to call during their business hours.

This is what I've figured so far.  I may be totally wrong in the way I'm going about this but I know that it has 20 grams of protein per serving and protein is 4 cal. per gram so that makes 100 calories plus the stuff we add to it???

Anyone please correct me if I'm going about this the wrong way.  

-liz
happy girl
on 6/3/09 3:22 am, edited 6/3/09 3:32 am
oh good luck!   I think it's the most vile thing I have ever tasted I am interested in hearing if it's possible to make it drinkable 

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

sablouwho
on 6/5/09 3:07 am - La La Land, CA
which flavor did you use?
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

Most Active