ICE

jon1970
on 6/2/09 9:03 am
Can I use ice to help reduce the swelling after LBL?

Thanks,
Jon
Danielle H.
on 6/2/09 10:53 am - Atlanta, GA
It really depends on your doctor.  Mine said no to that, but that was after I was already doing some!  It really just takes time, I'm 3 months out and its still swollen and definitely still numb too.  Try the natural remedies like pineapple, bromaline (someone else can tell you if that's the way its spelled), massage when you're released for it, etc.  Wear your binders, even when you're released, wear them at night..it does help the swelling!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

BigCityGirl
on 6/2/09 10:54 am - San Diego, CA
They say you can use a bag of frozen peas. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
jon1970
on 6/2/09 12:16 pm
Thanks for the responses!

I remember hearing something a while ago about ice and could not remember if it was pro or con. I was really swollen and sore earlier this evening.

I am not sure if it was the ice or the vicoden but I am feeling better now.
cbhjr98
on 6/2/09 5:14 pm
I used it every day a few times a day - Just dont leave it directly on the skin or on for over 20 minutes - especially if you have numb areas (danger of frostbite, etc). This is what my doctor told me. It was a lifesaver, I couldn't sleep without icing certain areas first (my outer hips, lower stomach around the incision, etc).

Good luck!

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
DEBI R.
on 6/2/09 5:48 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I used an ice pack over my t-shirt and binder but be careful and not  leave it on very long because it can cause frost bite since you're numb and can't feel your skin. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Most Active