Why do I feel so tight?

bradshaw0506
on 6/1/09 6:57 am - Chicago, IL
This is a weird feeling.  I feel tight, yet not swollen?  Not sure how to discribe it.

Anyone else with a TT/LBL ever felt like this?  I'm 4 weeks out from my LBL.

I MY DS!!!

jan R.
on 6/1/09 8:27 am - PA
I hear ya...probably because they did muscle tightening??  That will give you a tight feeling during healing....at least it did for me....  I actually had that along with a swelling feeling so it was weird...but it went away with healing!
Good Luck
Jan
Honeyblonde
on 6/1/09 9:16 am - MN
I'm almost 6 months out from my LBL and still feel tight on a daily basis.    Like there's a tight band around my mid-section, especially across my hip bones.  I still swell too, but I'm very familiar with the tightness you're referring to.

I think it is very common, probably normal.  I didn't have any muscle work/repair done, so I don't think that's the reason.  It's a major surgery and it takes a LONG time to heal.  Lots of nerves, etc. were cut.

The other thing I've noticed is that I'll have an itch, but when I scratch where it itches, it doesn't scratch the itch.  It's like I'm scratching the outside and not even feeling it.

Go figure!

I think the tightness is normal.

~ BJ
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/09 6:41 pm - Los Angeles, CA
The tightness is totally normal, sort of like a stretch of your abs, but you're not stretching 'em.

Normal. When all the swelling goes down, we shoud literally have rock hard abs. But some effort in at the gym and we can have 6 packs!
boomer65
on 6/1/09 7:06 pm
I completely understand where you're coming from.  I had a TT with BL/BA on January 16th and have a "tight" feeling almost every night.  Sometimes accompanied by swelling sometimes just the tightness.  From what everyone else has said, this is totally normal and will get better as time goes by.  I do know that my abs are rock hard underneath since he did the muscel tightening.

Can't wait for the 6-pack.

Franci

DEBI R.
on 6/1/09 7:09 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I had a LBL on 4/8/09 and I still have alot of tightness in my hips and back, it feels like I'm going to pop open when I bend over. I'll be glad when the numbness is gone too. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

bradshaw0506
on 6/1/09 10:41 pm - Chicago, IL
Thanks everyone!

I couldn't tell if it was swelling or what since my swelling hasn't decreased by much in the last week.

I am noticing that the work my surgeon did doesn't make me 100% happy.  I noticed this a.m. that my thighs are saggy just above the knee.  I had a thigh lift for a reason!  He also left too much fat on my abdomen and I can definitely see it when my swelling does go down.  At my last appt. he said something about blood supply...I get that...then he mentioned a revision.  WHAT?  I ain't having this done again dammit!  My thoughts?  Do it right the first time!

Maybe I'm in a mood today, don't know.  Ugh!

I MY DS!!!

Most Active