Pain med refills

Susan S.
on 6/1/09 5:44 am - Roselle, NJ
 I've had three procedures since October and had concerns that I would develop an addiction because they are highly addictive drugs.  I stopped taking them too soon after my LBL and then after my brachio/boobs.........and now there are days the boobs still ache (after doing too much pec work while lifting weights) and I would love to take one at night........I still have 5 left - but I don't take them. Any health care practitioner is monitored for the prescribing patterns of certain classes of drugs - and they are all on alert to how easily patients can develop problems.  He's just doing his job.  If you don't have a problem - let it go.   If it really hit a nerve - perhaps this is something to explore.   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

MSHAMO
on 6/3/09 6:09 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I'm 15 weeks out and I still take a couple of  Vicodin a day!! I am not addicted, but they sure take that "scratchy" edge off. My PS said I had a "huge" surgery, so I guess he expects there to be pain associated with it! Good luck and get those pills :).
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Most Active