Urgent Advice Needed

jon1970
on 5/30/09 1:43 pm
We had a busy day today. I took my binder off and seem more swollen than usual and my skin feels warm to the tough around my incision on my sides where the swelling is the worst. It also appears redder than usual.

My temp is 99.2.

I figure a call to the doctor office is in order? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon
BigV
on 5/30/09 2:30 pm, edited 5/30/09 2:30 pm - UK
I would call  asap........ I mean 99.2 is nothing exciting really, but if your incision is red and feels warm then it is worth checking out.

I remember getting an infection after one of my plastic ops and my incision became red, swolen and hot to touch - My temperature only just got to 101 area but I felt like I was dying until I got the correct antibiotics into my system.   - getting a full blown infection is nasty!!!
jon1970
on 5/30/09 2:48 pm
Thanks for the reply. I spoke to the resident on call who told me to go to the ER. I felt like a jerk but had her call my surgeon. She said he would just say the same thing. I was going to watch the fever and go to urgent care in the morning but the surgeon called back and is calling in a prescription and seeing me @ 930 tomorrow morning.

Dr Lawrence Zachary in Chicago is awesome!

happy girl
on 5/30/09 5:09 pm
good to hear.  I would have called if I'd had those symptoms.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/09 10:52 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hope you are feeling better now.
If the meds don't help please do not hesitate to go to the ER.  Don't risk your health!

Take it easy
Ruth
Most Active