Infection??? four months out? possible strep throat at same time

puppylove
on 5/31/09 9:30 am
Hi all, this might be different from what you have heard before. I had a thigh lift in late Jan. and a few weeks out had a hard lump that turned out to be fluid a few inches above my knee. The fluid was drained twice and when the Dr. drained it the second time (mid April) he said if it came back then it is a problem with the lymph node. Well the fluid came the morning after being drained. He told me earlier if it was a problem with the lymph node then he would fix it during my revision surgery which is scheduled for late June.

Well, today I noticed the hard lump and area around it was red and warm (although this might have started yesterday). It also happens that around Friday night I developed what I think is strep throat. Since it was the weekend I was going to go to the doctor for strep throat on Monday, but now I don't know what to do. Could the two problems be related? Or is this some coincidence and I need to treat them separately? Also, has anyone developed an infection four months out from surgery? I'm going to call my TL Doctor aswell tomorrow, but if you have any answers I would appreciate them as I am freaking out a little. 
MelissaF
on 5/31/09 10:22 am - Northwood, IA
What you discribe does sound like infection for sure (i.e. the warmth and redness at the sight). 

Are they related?  Well could be and may not be.  I know that isn't a clear answer and not what you are looking for.

Are you running a fever?  Are you achey in your joints?  If so, I would go to the ER as this infection could get ugly fast.  If you don't feel this way and have no fever it could probably wait till tomorrow but keep an eye on everything.  Hopefully they can see you right away.  

Always better ot be proactive than not enough..

Good luck.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

puppylove
on 5/31/09 11:07 am, edited 5/31/09 11:57 pm
Well my temperature is 99.8 and my neck is a little sore. I actually feel much better than yesterday, when I was in bed all day. I don't have insurance, so I would rather not go to the ER, and we have no urgent care around. Even though I know I shouldnt not just go because of that.

update: it also seems that the reddness decreased in size

update #2: well the the redness seems to decrease in size and then go back to larger like before, but currently I do not have a fever. I will see my TL Dr. later today.

Most Active