binder?

oceanwave2
on 5/30/09 11:30 pm - Clayton, NC
Hi guys I just have a quick question.  Do I have to wear my abdominal binder all the time.  I had my surgery on Friday was just wondering if I could take it off for a couple hours a day.

Jasmine
islander
on 5/31/09 12:28 am - Middletown, RI
I was told to wear it all the time, but to release it sometimes for an hr. or two.

MSHAMO
on 5/31/09 12:36 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I like my binder, I'm 13 weeks out and I still wear mine. I like the support. If it is uncomfortable, you may have it too tight; it takes a little experimenting to get it right.
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
BigCityGirl
on 5/31/09 1:18 am - San Diego, CA
I took mine off one hour each day after my morning shower - I really needed that time for my skin to breathe!
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
CoronaRN
on 5/31/09 2:08 am - Huddleston, VA
Just had this chat with my surgeon friday.  I was told to take it off for 1-2 hrs a couple of times a day and kick back the recliner when I do so.  I had my surgery 5/20.  You may want to run it by your surgeon though as each one is different.

Tanya
RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/31/09 3:28 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

my surgeon said one hour a day also.. enuff time to wash up and wa**** and let it air dry!

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

HolliBeth1
on 5/31/09 12:48 pm - Millbrook, AL
Wear it! If it bothers your skin wear a tank top under it. I wore a tank top under mine the entire time, better safe than sorry!

Highest~ 267/ Surgery~ 253/Current~133/ GOAL 130
August 31, 2006 ~ Gastric Bypass~December 19, 2008 ~Tuck with muscle repair~December 16, 2009 ~ Tummy Tuck revision (loosened skin as a result of stretch marks), Mons reduction, Mini Inner Thigh Lift, BL/BA to Full C from AA :)~December 18, 2013 ~ Butt Lift and brachioplasty~Completed by Dr. Wang-Ashraf at Artisan Plastic Surgery in Atlanta, Georgia.
"No day, but today", RENT...Johnathan Larson

karianne
on 5/31/09 1:39 pm - Marlborough, MA
Revision on 04/05/12
I wore mine for 3 months.  I did have a horrible allergic reaction to the tape they used on my incision soooooo bad that I actually didn't wear my binder for about a week.  Had to put on ointment and 2 trips to the surgeons office.  Other than that I wore it with a seamless tank top underneath it.   If you can tolerate it I would keep it on! 

HW-244, SW-234, CW-207
4/8/04 Lap-band-Goal weight for 5 yrs, Tummy Tuck 6/23/08
Lap-band Leak 4/2011, Revision to Gastric Bypass 4/5/12

oceanwave2
on 6/3/09 1:28 pm - Clayton, NC
Thanks for all your responses.

I see my surgeon Dr. Stoeckel on Monday June 8th.  I have been taking colace for the stool softners and am starting to it a little.  When I was being discharged I did find out that he was able to take so fat tissue from my out thighes up near my hip bone and put into my breast to give me more of a round shape.  I also found out that he tighten my muscles twice.  Aparently with my obesity and then the massive weightloss my abdominal muscles stretched out considerablely.

I guess for being almost a week post op I am doing okay.  I am trying to use the breathing machine they gave me in the hospital so that I don't cough or sneeze.  My temperature has also come down to normal.  When I left the hospital it was still low grade.

I hope and pray all of you are doing well, and for those with up coming surgeries get ready for the nurses to be jealous.  because all of my were because my tummy is so flat.

I weighed 354 pounds before my gastric bypass in 2001 and was going to have plastics in 2005 at a weight of 195 pounds.  I am so glad I waited and had it done this year I have so much family, friend and co-worker support it is wonderful.  I was 165.5 when I went in for my surgery on May 29th and I know for certain that I am a list if not 20 plus pounds lighter now.

Jasmine
Most Active