Brachio / BL / BA questions & pics

megameggs
on 5/30/09 10:16 pm - FL

I had brachioplasty/breast lift/augmentation with 375cc implants on May 5th. I'm almost 4 weeks out, and I go to see my surgeon again Tuesday. Hopefully I'll be able to go without steristrips anymore (itchy!!). 

I'm nervous, though, because like most people, the arms didn't come out quite as tight as I would have liked. I have the infamous elbow lump, as well as asymmetry on the right and left sides. My armpit incisions are also really, really rough... they don't look anything like the nice, neat breast incisions! I can't get the "family friendly" pics to post here, so they're all in my profile which is set to private, so I'll need to add you as a friend to see the pics. 

After you see them, I'd love to hear your feedback. I know the arms aren't great, so what should I ask my surgeon to do? What does it look like he can do? His revision policy is that he'll do revisions if he agrees they're necessary--how would you go about convincing him it's necessary? For starters, I'm probably going to measure the left and right arm so that there's a quantifiable difference in size. 

I was planning to have a thigh lift in December, but before I schedule that I want to see how Dr. Hartog handles the arms. If he'd agree to do some arm touch-ups while I'm under for my thighs, I'd be happy with that. We will see!

And if it never gets any better than this, I know it's still way better than before! It's just that I'd hoped for a lot less sag. I lift weights... there are muscles under there DYING to be seen!

Vist my weblog at www.megameggs.wordpress.com

tcnaegele
on 5/30/09 10:48 pm - madison, IN
please add me as a friend, i had my surgery april 14th, we can compare scars
megameggs
on 5/30/09 10:50 pm - FL
You're added!

bandhope
on 5/30/09 11:18 pm - TX
I would like to me added as well. I haven't had my arms done. However, I have heard that your body takes on a new shape after the swelling goes all the way down and the scars begin the heal and tighten. It might be that you just need to wait a little bit longer. We are also our worst critics. You could be disappointed, but everyone else might see something else. I'd give you my honest opinion. I'm getting BA on 23rd...I want people to be honest with me.
megameggs
on 5/30/09 11:30 pm - FL
You're added!

inkerdoodles
on 5/30/09 11:50 pm - Schenectady, NY
I'd love to see... im in the 'appealing' stages of my TT... Hopefully the insurance co will side with me and my pcp...

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

megameggs
on 5/31/09 12:00 am - FL
I added you--I hope the appeal goes well! I won't have any insurance coverage for plastics, but I just couldn't wait any longer!

brenda F.
on 5/30/09 11:53 pm - whitney, TX
 Hi from Texas Hun .please add me ..Red .
was 400+ june 15th,06,..now 145-150 as of may15th,09 ... wow!!!what a ride .   
megameggs
on 5/31/09 12:00 am - FL
done!

brenda F.
on 5/31/09 12:18 am - whitney, TX

You are so beautiful ,I'm so happy for you .Red in TX ..

was 400+ june 15th,06,..now 145-150 as of may15th,09 ... wow!!!what a ride .   
Most Active