swelling

happy girl
on 5/29/09 1:51 pm
hi all, I know I am not the only one dealing with swell hell and want to know
a) what are you doing for it
b) is it getting better
c) what did your PS recommend

I can't even tell you how miserable I am, the swelling is worse in my thighs, but tonight noticed my tummy is swollen too.  I look round!

Any tips, tricks, helpful hints, PLEASE send em my way!!

thanks!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

MelissaF
on 5/30/09 12:49 am - Northwood, IA
I would venture to guess you are becoming more active now right?  I know as we become more active we are supposed to swell more.  I know I do especially at the end of the day.  

Are you wearing your compression garment still all the time? I know if I shower (take it off) I am already more swollen from the heat of the water and not having the garment on for an hour.  I am also taking bromelain (not sure if its helping).  I have heard of people taking arctic montana or something like that.  Not sure if they feel it helps but it is suggested by some plastic surgeons.

Are you watching your sodium intake and refined white carbohydrates?  those all attract more water.  Be sure you are getting in your protein for proper healing also and taking your vitamins so the body has all it needs.

I am so sorry you are miserable.  If it is very bad and almos****er balloon like you might have a seroma under the skin and need a needle aspiration (painless honestly).  I have never had one but have heard on here its common and doesn't hurt.

Hang in there and keep us posted!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

islander
on 5/30/09 1:51 am - Middletown, RI
Nothing will actually get rid of it.  I use various types of compression garments to help.  But that's all they do- help. 

Try all the usual stuff- I do find that drinking more water helps & trying to avoid staying in one position for a lengthy time. 

Time, hopefully, will eliminate it, so 2 Docs say.  It's all part of the healing process.  Sometimes I just lay down & take a nap to help relieve some of the tightness.  Hello otc pain reliever.   Othertimes, I'll just go out & take a walk.  Or do some stretching or even ride my bike.  Or even a shower & then rubbing moisturizer in.  Just getting my mind off of it helps for awhile.

It's annoying, at best.  You've got lots of company.

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/30/09 8:24 am
Hey there!  I was wondering who was sitting on this swell hell bench with me!  LOL - OMG I am so swollen!!!!  I can tell things are much improved and I am probably flat - but with the swollen tummy I am like a tight basketball!!!!  I am focusing on drinking PURE water (was drinking SF kool aid) and trying to limit the sodium.  I really notice it in my fingers - if I get my fingers to go down, I am doing good - walking helps as well.  I am feeling better every day - today was major - I got a semi good night's sleep this afternoon!  LOL

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

CoronaRN
on 5/31/09 2:19 am, edited 5/31/09 2:20 am - Huddleston, VA
So I take it alot of swelling is normal?  I took off my binder and looked in the mirror today and my upper thighs/legs/lower belly looks like a water balloon!  WTH?  I DEF have a pear shaped body right now!  No waist and huge thighs!

Tanya
Most Active