Getting cold feet....AKA freaking out!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/09 6:18 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks Cindy!!!
Ros-mari
on 5/30/09 2:27 am - Sweden
I've been having the same thoughts all week, Ruth. I go in for my full tummy tuck (tightening the muscles and moving the belly button, etc.) this coming Friday. I don't know where all this BS guilt is coming from, because I do not believe in "divine" reward or retribution or anything like that, and yet still feel I will get the "death penalty" for my vanity. And it is purely cosmetic in my case (although it is being paid for through our national health system, which believes the psychological aspects justify the surgery after massive weight loss). Sigh. I am going to do it anyway, but sure wish I could feel happy about it instead of scared.

Why can't my inner fashionista and my inner feminist just get along? Ros-mari

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/09 6:32 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
First let me send you BEST WISHES on your surgery this Friday.  Please keep us posted.

I know what you mean.........I feel somewhat guilty about all this vanity.  Of course when I weighed more than 250 lbs I didn't have an ounce of vanity in me, now I'm loaded with it........well not that bad but I have become vane for the first time in my life.  A good friend and very smart woman told me last year it was perfectly ok be feeling this way so I don't beat myself up over it too much.

Wish I could come up with a way to get some of my cost paid by insurance....so far everything has been out of pocket .  Maybe I should look into the psychological approach to it. 

Thanks
Ruth
bandhope
on 5/30/09 11:34 pm - TX
Before my lap-band, I never broke a bone, had an injury that required stitches, no cavities, etc. The year I had my lap-band I had my gall bladder taken out and now I'm doing BA on the 23rd. I went from nothing to 3 surgeries within 18 months. It is scary. How can you not be scared, but then I look at the stats and compare problems  and living with obesity to problems fixing obesity and fixing it is overwhelming a better choice.... physically, medically, and emotionally. You are taking back control of your life and closing that chapter of your life. I'm sure it is very overwhelming and scary. Remember though....it can and will get better. Best wishes to you. You will do great!!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/09 6:09 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks for the encouragement!!!   It is truly appreciated!!

Pat Rice
on 5/31/09 2:47 am - Northern, NJ
Dear Ruth,
My goodness, I feel exactly the same way!  I have scheduled my LBL, TT and Breast Lift revision for 6/17. I posted a few days ago that I am having dreams about doing this and waking up feeling for my stomach and saying "Oh good, I didn't do it". I feel so guilty.
These feelings are so strange to me because the decision for WLS was a nonstop mission with NO DOUBTS whatsoever. It is so so paralyzing to have any doubts. I will say however that when I speak to all of you here on this website;  I feel so understood and loved. After reading all the responses to your post, i know you feel the same.  In addition, when I have gone to my surgeon's office and spoken to post-ops; they are jubliant  and excited for me...a total stranger.
With all that said, I am still scared . I am also 52, never married and no kids . I just for once want to like what I see in the mirror.  I don't think there is anything wrong with that. We have to question these decisions over and over; this way we go in to it with no stone unturned and fully informe.
I am praying for you and want you tell you that you are already a beautiful woman and I wish the best.
Hugs, Pat
HUGS, PAT  
RNY 8/26/05 preop 226.2 lowest 132.7
LBL,TT,MASTOPEXY 6/17/09 preop 141.7 removed 7 lbs current 131.5 7/14/09
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/09 6:04 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Pat!
Here's a BIG hug for you    thank you for your reply!
You must be very excited about your surgery.....only about 2 weeks out now....how exciting!!

I can so relate to what you said about wanting to like what you see in the mirror.  I so long for that...it's been at least 30 years since I liked my reflection and that was only short lived.  I know what you mean about this community.......it's a bunch of really great people on here, I'm so happy I accidentally found this website!!

Thanks again for the note
Ruth

Most Active