Doctor question...

jmwjskasick
on 5/28/09 10:17 pm - Granite City, IL
I am about 15 months out from surgery and am looking into plastics. I am just wondering how you guys went about finding your doctors. I am hitting a brick wall when it comes to trying to find and do research on doctors in my area. Are there any good sites or anything that provide this information?

Thanks a million
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
islander
on 5/28/09 10:51 pm - Middletown, RI
I brought the topic up to my Primary.

MelissaF
on 5/28/09 11:46 pm - Northwood, IA
I think many listen to other's experiences on here and if there isn't one that is being reviewed in your area then u have to take the time to go to consults and either pay the fee or they may be free so that you are more or less "interviewing" them so u can find the one you like.  I happen to work as a nurse in a hospital and knew my doc on a first hand basis (professionally) and so that helped me tremendously.  I saw his work in all sorts of facets as he is the doc that fixes all the nasty wound infections and also does microvascular plastics on hands etc... hes amazing.  

There is a way to search for reviews here on OH for plastic surgeons too just like WLS doctors.  Also look online for medical board reviews.  Go to your state forum here on OH and post to see if anyone has any suggestions also.

makemeheal.com is another great resource where u can post.

Good luck!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

PamT
on 5/29/09 12:01 am - Downey, CA
The first time I had plastics, 12 years ago, I went according to friends, co-workers, & neighbors suggestions & recomendations. I LOVED the doctor. Really a good decision.

Now, when I needed surgery again, I first went to Kaiser to try to get insursance to cover some of the costs. A consult with the Kaiser surgeon confirmed they would not cover the plastics I needed. But that surgeon did suggest I seek the care of "the best surgeon in this area." ,,,,and named my previous doctor. Elated at the thought of having him do my surgery again,, (but NOT elated at the thought of self-pay!! ) I went back to him. Great doctor. I really like him.

Melissa's suggestion as to going to your home state forum and put out the question on that forum was my thought also.

Good luck to you!

PamT
Wendy_Canada
on 5/29/09 8:53 pm - Canada
I don't know if you have a site for this in the states but in Cananda we have one called Rate your MD .com     Doctors are listed alphebetically and people post their thoughts good and bad about their doctor. They list GPs, surgeons, plastic surgerons etc.  It is an eye opener, interesting and sometimes a laugh. 

sablouwho
on 5/31/09 3:49 am - La La Land, CA
I attended an OH conference in Los Angeles last November. I had no idea when I signed up that there woudl be 5 plastic surgeons there as exhibitors (two of them also spoke at the conference).

I got a crash course in plastics after massive weight loss at that conference, that alone was worth it as I learned a ton in a short period of time and had 5 PS consults. It was pretty easy for me from there to decide which doctors I liked -- I left the conference knowing that two of them were on my short list and that the other 3 doctors were not under consideration.

I *highly* recommend that you contact the OH event staff and ask them if there will be plastic surgeons at the Chicago event coming up in June. If so, I highly recommend that you make an effort to attend the event.

The event I attended in Los Angeles was totally worth it (even if there hadn't been any plastic surgeons in attendance). I learned a ton of stuff, not just about plastics but about other things as well.

I really recommend that you look into the OH conference. I am so glad I went to the one near me!
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

Most Active